What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ipad 2 protective case?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swingman said:
Makes me wonder if Apple waited too long to give the ipad 2 specs to the case manufacturers. Maybe on purpose to give the smart cover less competition?

You're right on the money honey!!!!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems a pretty big blunder for these companies to not have their cases ready for the launch of Ipad 2. Makes me wonder if Apple waited too long to give the ipad 2 specs to the case manufacturers. Maybe on purpose to give the smart cover less competition?

I remember looking on the iPad case specifications page -- Designing Cases for iPod, iPhone, and iPad - Apple Developer -- one day before the iPad 2 launch date, and it wasn't there. About mid-day on iPad 2 launch day, I checked again, and the "blueprints" were there.

Fact of the matter is, until the iPad 2 was commercially released, there would be no way for any third-party case designer - like all the rest of us - to know exactly what the physical specs of the device are. I'm sure a fair number of iPad 2s on day one were bought by design and accessory companies, who knew that from there it was a race to see who could get their product to market first.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I remember looking on the iPad case specifications page -- Designing Cases for iPod, iPhone, and iPad - Apple Developer -- one day before the iPad 2 launch date, and it wasn't there. About mid-day on iPad 2 launch day, I checked again, and the "blueprints" were there.

Fact of the matter is, until the iPad 2 was commercially released, there would be no way for any third-party case designer - like all the rest of us - to know exactly what the physical specs of the device are. I'm sure a fair number of iPad 2s on day one were bought by design and accessory companies, who knew that from there it was a race to see who could get their product to market first.

I wonder how many have edited their product sense. I know the hand made ppl waited so they could make precision products. And I'm glad about it cuz they hi as hel.

Jeannietx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for iPad2 protective & lightweight case

I've looked at all the links on page 1 in this thread and so far have not seen one that says "order me, order me". I want padded leather but with color choices.

I have the iPhone 2nd generation and it has only survived because it is surrounded by a padded leather case which is held closed with a snap and opens up like a book, therefore covering the whole phone. It's made by Sena and came in multiple colors. Sena's pre-order cases for iPad2 are all black.

Any more ideas anyone? I'm not in a hurry since I ordered my iPad 2 from Apple so am waiting for however many weeks it takes.

Thanks!! :eek:

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered my joy factory smart fit 2 to fit with my smart case. They say it's fully compatible, guess we will see!

jasoncyap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need an indestructable case to transport your iPad in while its in a case, check out the Pelican 1080 HardBack Case. It's a laptop case but it has a "customizable" foam set so that you can shape the foam to fit your iPad case tightly.

I can't link anything because my post-count is too low, but you can check it out at
pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1080

piscoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switcheasy Canvas 2! Love this case and very versatile viewing stand.

Matts12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recommend the Harmony case by Evio. I have been using it for a while now and the quality and workmanship that has gone into it really shows.

Most reactions

Latest posts