What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad - need work case

adawg88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won an iPad from a work contest (yeah, I work at a pretty cool place). So now I need a case for it. I have read so many case posts on this forum that my eyes are crossed. I wanted to toss out some uses and hopefully you experts with the experience can help me narroe things down.

I will be using the iPad at work and home. So it means it will be tossed into a laptop backpack with my laptop on my way to and from the office. At the office I will be taking it to meetings and want it to incorporate a stand to keep it on my desk. At home, I have a 4 year old who likes to use it, so some drop protection would be awesome.

I can expense up to $50 for it, so i'd be looking for cases under that amount.

My first thought was the Otterbox Defender, but that may be a bit much protection/bulk. Still trying to decide and am open to your suggestions.

Last edited:

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the defender everyday for work. I think it's one of the best protected cases with a stand built in. But might be a bit clunky/rugged for suit & tie presentations....

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A four year old, equals Otter Box Defender, of course nothing is completely safe around a child, but at least the iPad has a chance with the Defender.

They can be gotten for ~$50 and free shipping.

ckole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otter Box or ZooGue. I am on the road a ton and I love the ZooGue.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw8W1g8fmYg[/ame]

erikduop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to toss out some uses and hopefully you experts with the experience can help me narroe things down.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Otter box mays iPad look bulky/ ugly

eBay have a good election of stylish cases that add no extra bulk to the device

OP
A

adawg88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are 3 I am considering to the Otterbox - The Zoogue, Targus Truss or Cyber Accoustics' case.

Anyone have thoughts on these? I like the Cyber Accoustics case because it seems easy to get the iPad out and the Zoogue I like the various mouting angles, but it seems much less attractive.

sticky1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who fly, there is a new Ipad case that straps to your leg. Search "ipad kneeboards"

Bonadea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon:
Acase Deluxe Leather multi-view Case/Folio with Stand for Apple iPad

Came with 3 screen protectors and 3 stylus for a great price (the buy these 3 for this price). Stylus worked fine for us. Love the cover. All for under 16

mpd224

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are 3 I am considering to the Otterbox - The Zoogue, Targus Truss or Cyber Accoustics' case.

Anyone have thoughts on these? I like the Cyber Accoustics case because it seems easy to get the iPad out and the Zoogue I like the various mouting angles, but it seems much less attractive.

I was in the exact same dilema between the Cyber Acoustics and the ZooGue case. I watched a review of the Cyber Acoustics on youtube and I ended up asking the reviewer, Larry Greenberg which case he thought was of nicer quality. I figured since he has had nearly every case out there pass through his hands, he would have a good opinion. He said that the Cyber Acoustic case was of nicer quality and that he would suggest that case over the ZooGue however he said that the ZooGue was a very nice case if you could get past the looks. I'm thinking he must have only seen the older ZooGue case because the video review above of the version 2, looks great in my opinion. I ended up ordering the Cyber Acoustics case but after seeing that video above, I will be ordering a ZooGue case as well in the near future.

anuagg89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.smokecolors.com
If you work in construction or need an iPad case that will provide great protection in a rough environment, give the Defender case a try. This heavy duty case is made of polycarbonate and silicon materials. Installation is more involved requiring the removal of a silicon outer casing, disassembly of the inner polycarbonate shell and then reassembly of all pieces around the iPad. Ports and buttons are also covered for protection. Two additional features of the Defender case include a protective film and a polycarbonate cover for the iPad screen. The screen cover snaps easily on both sides of the cases: on front to protect the screen or on back for storage when not in use. It also doubles as a stand whenever you should need one. Raised silicon edges and a plastic lip provides screen protection like no other.
After a couple of weeks using the Defender case, we realized the great potential this design offered. Installation was more involved but also provided the significant iPad protection required for more intense on the job use. The clip on screen cover and stand were also added bonuses.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An alternative to the Otterbox.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xsNzIrl2w&feature=related[/ame]

Most reactions