What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an ipad 2 case/cover with serious protection

hayroset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all! I know there are lots of posts talking about cases and covers for ipads on here but it is so much easier to just straight up ask what kind of case and cover you each would recommend specifically for my situation. I own a black ipad 2 and I carry it everywhere with me in my purse. Because of that I would of course prefer the ipad with the case and cover on it be as small and light as possible however that is not my main priority. The main purpose I want a case and cover is for protection. I have two young boys, one 6 and one 2, who LOVE to play on my ipad. I don't mind but it terrifies me that they are going to damage it when I am not looking. We are a VERY clumsy family so I don't really trust myself either. I currently have an Incipio case which is nice but my ipad has actually fallen out of it twice! I want my new case to be difficult to get the ipad out so that I can be sure my 2 year old does not get it out and so that it can't just fall out. Other wants that I have for my new case are that it can be propped up for viewing/typing, that both the screen and back are protected, that I can charge the ipad without taking off the case, and that it looks nice because I will often be taking my ipad to court with my profession. Thanks for any recommendations!

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Griffen survivor case if u look at my forum post in ax editors their is a picture it's heavy duty

Last edited:

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, if protection is key, sacrificing "style," Otterbox cases like the Defender series is the way to go.

Love Otterbox!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drich290195, does the Griffen survivor case come with a plate or case to cover the screen when packing around? I've only seen pictures of it as a back cover and thats it.

I tired the Otterbox defender as it has a case for the back and the front of the iPad. The problem is that in each corner of the case that covers the screen the corners are notched out which leaves about a quarter size of the screen exposed which kind of defeats the purpose so I sold it.

drich290195

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep their are 4 parts 2 parts a back and front that sandwich the iPad between them the screen has another screen over it also then theirs the rubber part that goes around it a bit like you would get with a iPhone case then the tripod hand / stand that clips over the edge very heavy duty taking mine out to afghan next month so will be able to review further all ports are sealed with rubber parts that move to revile them when you need them their are some good reviews on YouTube have a look

Oh and it does add some considerable weight but hey I like that solid feel

Last edited:
OP
H

hayroset

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now had the Griffin Survivor case for about 2 weeks and it is wonderful! I feel like my iPad is safe even with my 2 year old holding it. Best investment yet!

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now had the Griffin Survivor case for about 2 weeks and it is wonderful! I feel like my iPad is safe even with my 2 year old holding it. Best investment yet!

Glad to know that you have found the one you want,Griffin Survivor case, solid,hard,and can protect the ipad from four sides and prevent it from scratches,pull out...
Great cases to take...

Most reactions