What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy Availability

bhodge10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping to get an Ipad 3G on Friday, but looking at Best Buy's website, they're not showing any availability for any of the Ipad's (wifi's only) for MI, OH and KY. Have they truly sold out of them or is their site not working properly. The only reason I'm asking is to kind of gauge if I need to be in line for half a day on Friday.

Thanks,

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
April 30th will not resemble April 3rd. You will be able to stroll into a Best Buy store anytime and walk out with a 3G iPad in 10 minutes.

Droid Washington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
April 30th will not resemble April 3rd. You will be able to stroll into a Best Buy store anytime and walk out with a 3G iPad in 10 minutes.

Not sure about anytime. There is a little confusion on whether or not Best Buy will be selling them from open, or if they're supposed to wait until 5PM like the Apple Store is doing.

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't know Sonny...

For the first launch all you had were the Wi-fi customers. This time you have the first time 3g buyers and the wi-fi folks who want to exchange their unit for a 3g. It could make for a more crowded scene then what we saw at launch. Hopefully you are right and there will be plenty of units for everyone.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the Apple Stores won't be offering 3G's until 5pm - Best Buys won't have them until 5PM as well. Heck - Best Buy may even decide to start selling on Sat morning - but - there's clearly been no announcement on that.

Droid Washington

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How reliable is Best Buy's website when it comes to stock? Just out of curiosity, I've been typing in random zip-codes to see the availability of the Wifi models around the U.S., and haven't found a single store that shows up in bold (which indicates they're in stock). I find that a little hard to believe, and am inclined to think that they just don't update that often.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As i have previously stated the mania and pandemonium are over. The WiFi only was the products initial introduction to the consumer. The 3G is just an upgrade. 90% of the gotta have it maniacs got satisfied on April 3rd. I don't see Friday as resembling anything like the original launch day.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to Best and bring my iPad just in case I have a chance to trade my wifi for a 3G but as of now i'm only 65% sure. Also, I don't even know if I Best Buy will let me since my 14 days was way expired but my 30 days is not. Who knows.

rwmson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How reliable is Best Buy's website when it comes to stock? Just out of curiosity, I've been typing in random zip-codes to see the availability of the Wifi models around the U.S., and haven't found a single store that shows up in bold (which indicates they're in stock). I find that a little hard to believe, and am inclined to think that they just don't update that often.

I've found it to be very reliable.

Droid Washington

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So every Best Buy in the U.S. is sold out of the Wifi version then? I can't find a single store by typing in random zip codes that shows any in stock, anywhere.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So every Best Buy in the U.S. is sold out of the Wifi version then? I can't find a single store by typing in random zip codes that shows any in stock, anywhere.

That's correct.

vfragos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually i found one place in the state of Texas if you are interested.:)
San Angelo TX 4325 Sunset Dr, San Angelo, TX 76904

dynabiker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hankering for an IPAD 3g ro Wi Fi -Be Patient!

I want to get the 3G VERSION, but I have learned that all good things comes to those who wait. Patience! In 45 Days there will be so many Ipads at Best Buy's and Apple store's you will have no problems just walking in and picking one up. The Ipad is just another new device that is probably not replacing anyone's critical PC or MAC at home or work. Waiting another 30-45 days will also flush out any problems with the 3G unit. To satisfy your hunger go to an Apple store or Best Buy and play with a demo unit a couple a times each week. In addition you may find that you really didn't want or need an Ipad to begin with and saved yourself $650.00. I also believe that you will start to see Used Ipads being sold on Ebay and Craigs list 60-90 days from now for 30-40% less than MSRP.

Just my 2cents.......comments:)

Most reactions

Latest posts