What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy Availability

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got to my BB at 1600 and was #2 in line. They only got 5 and they were all 64G. I gave my voucher to an Airman still in his flight suit and headed on in to the city to Apple. I got there at 1705 and was out of there at 1745.

Wow very cool Please say you got an iPad.:ipad-front:

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got to my BB at 1600 and was #2 in line. They only got 5 and they were all 64G. I gave my voucher to an Airman still in his flight suit and headed on in to the city to Apple. I got there at 1705 and was out of there at 1745.

Wow very cool Please say you got an iPad.:ipad-front:

Sorry Mark. Yeah, I got two in fact. One for myself and one for my daughter for her birthday. I gifted the 16 wifi version I snagged opening day to my granddaughter. The entire family is now padded out.

Last edited:

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My local Best Buy today in State College, PA.

I arrived at around 2:30 PM after stopping there yesterday afternoon to verify arrivals today, and proceeded to the Apple Table where there is an official Apple employee, not a BB employee which surprised me. He gave me his card, as I gave him also. Once there I inquired as did another gentleman about the release today and he said yes, the BB store will be starting a line at 4PM and start selling the units at 5PM.

I asked also if there was any coupons or vouchers that would be handed out to those arriving early or if I could obtain one right then. The Apple employee was not sure and was still awaiting what the BB managers had in mind to handle the people coming in at 4 to 5 PM to obtain an iPad.

So I left across the street to McDonald's and did some work on my WiFi iPad and enjoyed a burger and chocolate shake. I also noted others that were waiting out their time at McDonalds and was able to talk to some of them. I waited until about 3:30, drove back across to BB parked and got in the door at 3:45( yes I took my time and its a large street and mall area). Right as I walked in the door I saw a BB employee I recognized from doing work in the store previously, had set up a small card table with vouchers with big red numbers on them.
There was only two stacks, one for 3G-32G and the other for 3G-64G, they had no 16G 3g's for release day. They did however have many wifi units which I even saw under a locked Apple counter and watched a customer purchase a 32G wifi when I was inside earlier that afternoon.

Anyway, I asked for a 64G voucher and as I did the BB employee started to explain the availability of their BB insurance for the iPad @ $129 for spills drops etc for full replacement. Then he stated we need you back in the store at or near register #6 or #7 by 4:45 to start selling the units which you are guaranteed at 5PM.

He also pointed out the accessory rack they had pushed to the front registers that housed a few Apple iPad accessories and to certainly check them out while waiting for 5PM or after.

So, at this point a few other customers I met earlier all stood near the accessory (slim to none) rack and discussed the iPad 3G release.

It was a great afternoon, I met another App Dev which happens to have his app #20 in the app store and his app is called Proloquo from Proloque2Go.com. We discussed many developer subjects as others listened in and had questions of their own.

As the customers started to file in rank and picking up vouchers I noticed that they only had like 6 of the 32G and 8 or 9 of the 64G so I assumed any one getting into line holding a voucher was sure they knew what they wanted and was not there for a 16G, these were all serious buyers as I found after communicating with them for about an hour and fielding all their questions as we all chatted about Apple and Technology.

It was very interesting to say the least, we all exchanged business cards as well as "me" doing a lot of talking on apps and technologies behind the iPad and many many uses as well as accessories for the iPads in and around business or school use. I even had people taking notes, lol even the Apple employee showed up front at one point, took our pictures and also joined in on the conversations, which is when I was surprised to see him asking me items of interest of his own or directed customers my way explaining I was from the local Apple Authorized service center. It was strange but also empowering to feel overwhelmed almost as so many were beginning to ask questions as if I was an Apple employee and I many times had to explain, no we service and sell but are not employed by Apple. We just happen to know a lot about the products from performing so much service for the local college, schools and professionals. I think I even made a few sales or upgrades which may show up later, but definitely made some new friends.

Needless to say once 5PM arrived, they called us two by two and we made our purchases, said our good byes as the older customer I believe he said 77 saying I was lucky "I didn't live near him, cause I would be nothing but a pest, you know so much" lol I just thanked him and made sure he had my number.

What an enjoyable afternoon. It was way better than pre-ordering the WiFi unit and sitting around all day watching forums and wondering if and when it was arriving. This time seemed a little more organized and controlled on both BB and Apples part.

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My local Best Buy today in State College, PA.

I arrived at around 2:30 PM after stopping there yesterday afternoon to verify arrivals today, and proceeded to the Apple Table where there is an official Apple employee, not a BB employee which surprised me. He gave me his card, as I gave him also. Once there I inquired as did another gentleman about the release today and he said yes, the BB store will be starting a line at 4PM and start selling the units at 5PM.

I asked also if there was any coupons or vouchers that would be handed out to those arriving early or if I could obtain one right then. The Apple employee was not sure and was still awaiting what the BB managers had in mind to handle the people coming in at 4 to 5 PM to obtain an iPad.

So I left across the street to McDonald's and did some work on my WiFi iPad and enjoyed a burger and chocolate shake. I also noted others that were waiting out their time at McDonalds and was able to talk to some of them. I waited until about 3:30, drove back across to BB parked and got in the door at 3:45( yes I took my time and its a large street and mall area). Right as I walked in the door I saw a BB employee I recognized from doing work in the store previously, had set up a small card table with vouchers with big red numbers on them.
There was only two stacks, one for 3G-32G and the other for 3G-64G, they had no 16G 3g's for release day. They did however have many wifi units which I even saw under a locked Apple counter and watched a customer purchase a 32G wifi when I was inside earlier that afternoon.

Anyway, I asked for a 64G voucher and as I did the BB employee started to explain the availability of their BB insurance for the iPad @ $129 for spills drops etc for full replacement. Then he stated we need you back in the store at or near register #6 or #7 by 4:45 to start selling the units which you are guaranteed at 5PM.

He also pointed out the accessory rack they had pushed to the front registers that housed a few Apple iPad accessories and to certainly check them out while waiting for 5PM or after.

So, at this point a few other customers I met earlier all stood near the accessory (slim to none) rack and discussed the iPad 3G release.

It was a great afternoon, I met another App Dev which happens to have his app #20 in the app store and his app is called Proloquo from Proloque2Go.com. We discussed many developer subjects as others listened in and had questions of their own.

As the customers started to file in rank and picking up vouchers I noticed that they only had like 6 of the 32G and 8 or 9 of the 64G so I assumed any one getting into line holding a voucher was sure they knew what they wanted and was not there for a 16G, these were all serious buyers as I found after communicating with them for about an hour and fielding all their questions as we all chatted about Apple and Technology.

It was very interesting to say the least, we all exchanged business cards as well as "me" doing a lot of talking on apps and technologies behind the iPad and many many uses as well as accessories for the iPads in and around business or school use. I even had people taking notes, lol even the Apple employee showed up front at one point, took our pictures and also joined in on the conversations, which is when I was surprised to see him asking me items of interest of his own or directed customers my way explaining I was from the local Apple Authorized service center. It was strange but also empowering to feel overwhelmed almost as so many were beginning to ask questions as if I was an Apple employee and I many times had to explain, no we service and sell but are not employed by Apple. We just happen to know a lot about the products from performing so much service for the local college, schools and professionals. I think I even made a few sales or upgrades which may show up later, but definitely made some new friends.

Needless to say once 5PM arrived, they called us two by two and we made our purchases, said our good byes as the older customer I believe he said 77 saying I was lucky "I didn't live near him, cause I would be nothing but a pest, you know so much" lol I just thanked him and made sure he had my number.

What an enjoyable afternoon. It was way better than pre-ordering the WiFi unit and sitting around all day watching forums and wondering if and when it was arriving. This time seemed a little more organized and controlled on both BB and Apples part.
Nice. Did you at least plug iPad Forums.net ?:p

dynabiker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad experience on Fridat Best Buy

The first Best Buy I called at 3 pm. they said they only had five 64 gig3 I could not get there till 6pm. After work decided to go to another BB 10 miles away as my wife and I were going to dinner. I walked in they had only 32 gig wifi, I bought one and walked out in 15 minutes. I decided that I could use the extra money for accessories since I do not really need the 3G. By the way I love it and am posting this by my Ipad now.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts