What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best browser for tabs, gestures, speed

Pocketneo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Atomic Web. its $0.99.

It has tabs and hand jestures can be modified to do what you prefer. It also has a number of settings and adjustments which makes it customizable to suit your needs rather than Safari that's not.

Know that Safari will always be your default browser. I haven't figured out how to change that yet.

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the aptly named "perfect browser" it's .99 cents and is awesome!!

It's what I'm using now much better than safari. True tabbed browsing (no more pointless reloads like with safari) a very cool semi translucent scroll bar that let's you scroll the entire webpage (no more repeated swiping). It also includes browser rendering That turns the interface into your favorite desktop browser (safari, chrome, IE, firefox, etc)

Definitely worth the money!

Zenitsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some strange reason perfect browser tends to crash on me when using tabs.

Cant find a consistent crash problem so it still seems to happen at random when using tabs.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you import your bookmarks from Safari?

Speaking for Atomic - no, but you can import them from the browser on your PC.

Cant find a consistent crash problem so it still seems to happen at random when using tabs.

In Magnum Force, Dirty Harry advised us to know our limitations. Apple limits the number of tabs because they're memory hogs, while Atomic and Perfect let you open them until you crash. With Atomic, you can set the option to have the browser warn you before you run out of memory, but it seems very conservative. I can have 20 pages on this forum open, but something with lots of graphics or java takes more space.

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use atomic and I am happy with it. I see no change when I change the id of my browser to firefox, but maybe I am not looking at the right sites. I like the tabs, like the gestures, and the speed is great.

One thing it does not do: If a page has linked pictures, atomic does not open the link. For example, "click on this image to enlarge," click on image, nothing happens. If I really need this feature, I default to Safari.

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As was said above tabs are memory hogs. How many tabs are are you using at one time?

I haven't had any problems yet but I usually only use 2 or 3 tabs at one time..

Most reactions