What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best browser?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone ought to compile a spreadsheet! (not me!)

So far for me,

Mercury pro. Worth the pound, imo. I like the functions, buttons, tiles, tabs, bookmark bar, and the wheel of destiny pop up.

No flash though on Mercury, hence Puffin for flash.

iSwifter for the cute icon with the blue rocket. Looks a nice icon, if it came as a fridge magnet I'd put it on my fridge. As a browser I've used more convincing fridge magnets...

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried some free and some paid but the best one FOR ME so far is icab. I use Puffin for Flash content containing sites but icab for everything else now. I haven't tried to upload anything from it yet, because I use istorages built in browser for that, but it is supposed to work for that as well.
I like that it fits MY style of usage best of the ones I've tried.

Icab web browser is really the best, i tried it out, thanks to you, its feels like Firefox. My Atomic crashes too much for my comfort, maybe it doesn't crash, but explodes. :D

OP
D

down

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, guys...I purchased mercury...thanks to all the reviews you posted...XD
So far it's going good, I couldn't give my approval yet. But I will let you know...I'm tired of buying browsers...if this fail, I guess skyfire will be the last resource. I don't want to, but I'll see...

ATC2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best browser are:
Free: Terra
Purchase: icab
Look no further...

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
There is really only one thing I don't like about Atomic. It doesn't delete the address automatically when tapping onto the address bar and typing something. Instead it writes the address at the end of the previous address. Other browsers, such as Safari and Terra automatically delete the previous address when you start typing. This may seem a small thing, but to me it makes using Atomic really frustrating to use.

I do not like the face one can not put a web page link o to the desktop for fast reference. Safari can.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

Reaction score
I tried some free and some paid but the best one FOR ME so far is icab. I use Puffin for Flash content containing sites but icab for everything else now. I haven't tried to upload anything from it yet, because I use istorages built in browser for that, but it is supposed to work for that as well.
I like that it fits MY style of usage best of the ones I've tried.

Icab web browser is really the best, i tried it out, thanks to you, its feels like Firefox. My Atomic crashes too much for my comfort, maybe it doesn't crash, but explodes. :D

Do you at least get the black screen of death for about a second beforehand? I noticed when I upgraded to 4.3.2 I get the bsod now before a crash, enough time to say wtf before it's gone. Before I'd get to wt and my crashing app was just gone. Still not long enough to say the words but at least I can say the letters now.
Icab has yet to crash on me but Friendly is the crashing app of the day so icab is just a matter of time.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Vision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Mercury, it's pretty good, although it seems to lag when you tap commands sometimes.

teedubbz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+ 1 for Mercury! Liking the features and it is not crashing... Flash being something I don't need, Mercury works great for me!

Most reactions

Latest posts