What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best bluetooth speaker with charger for ipad 2?

shankar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i am looking for a bluetooth ipad 2 speaker that will also charge the ipad 2 when docked

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Regards,
Shankar

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got the Tango TRX about a week ago. I'm liking it so far.

I keep it at the head of the bed. Have not paired it with the iPhone or iPad, since I can just plug them in. It's become my standard overnight charge station for the iPhone; even works with my (not terribly thick) cases (both iPhone and iPad). Rubber adaptors for the bare naked devices included.

I have paired it (bluetooth) with the iMac and it works fine; though it took a little fiddling to figure out how to get the volume level up. This way I can get to my entire music library on the iMac and use the included remote to control volume or next song. Or I can use the Remote app on the iPhone or iPad for real control.

Sound quality is probably not up to audiophile specs, but good enough for me. Plenty loud enough for my RV or a small to medium room.

Update: Paired it with the iPad. It's as easy as bluetooth pairing gets and worked fine.

Last edited:

garyleech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think the Jawbone Jambox is the best speaker on the market.for this knind of thing... wont charge ipad though..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i think the Jawbone Jambox is the best speaker on the market.for this knind of thing... wont charge ipad though..

Agreed. I'd really like one: however as you said it won't charge the iPad, and there is the little matter of it being twice as expensive as the Tango.

Most reactions

Latest posts