What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best and worst lifes moments?

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
I totally respect you choice for not wanting to have children, for me from the time I was in my late teens I knew for my career I wanted to be a stay at home mom. You know the picture perfect family, white fence and all that comes with it, that's what I pictured not how it was. We have four great kids, however two of them had cancer and it was a really hard 8 years, lots of dr's and all that goes with that.

I know the feeling. My mom was misdiagnosed with 4th stage cancer. Misdiagnosed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally respect you choice for not wanting to have children, for me from the time I was in my late teens I knew for my career I wanted to be a stay at home mom. You know the picture perfect family, white fence and all that comes with it, that's what I pictured not how it was. We have four great kids, however two of them had cancer and it was a really hard 8 years, lots of dr's and all that goes with that.

I can only imagine how tough that would be. I feel for you.

I never realized I'd feel such fierce love for my niece and nephews, and I'm guessing that that's only a fraction of what parents must feel for their kids. I've always thought that the most vulnerable relationship is that of being a parent, because of the depth of love and hope invested in children, who are so often vulnerable to the world and all the things that can go wrong -- even with small things, having to let kids make their own mistakes, for example.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I can only imagine how tough that would be. I feel for you.

I never realized I'd feel such fierce love for my niece and nephews, and I'm guessing that that's only a fraction of what parents must feel for their kids. I've always thought that the most vulnerable relationship is that of being a parent, because of the depth of love and hope invested in children, who are so often vulnerable to the world and all the things that can go wrong -- even with small things, having to let kids make their own mistakes, for example.

thank you. Before my children being dx and like a lot of other people, i never really thought kids could get cancer, but sadly they do, everyday and every day we loose many of them. Childhood cancer is the gold ribbon.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I know is that I will always be ready to put myself in the line of danger just to protect them. I have so many times, from getting scalded, burned, bruised, drowned, bumped, wounded, and sometimes caught on a verbal fight. Probably that's the reason why I'm still single. Probably this is my blessing. Probably this is what we really call Love.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
All I know is that I will always be ready to put myself in the line of danger just to protect them. I have so many times, from getting scalded, burned, bruised, drowned, bumped, wounded, and sometimes caught on a verbal fight. Probably that's the reason why I'm still single. Probably this is my blessing. Probably this is what we really call Love.

Yup it is. The hard part is when you can't protect them, when all you can do is pray the doctors will do what they have to to save your child and pray that your child has the strength to keep fighting.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The most difficult part was when I wasn't able to do anything at all. My nephew died. I know the feeling and we had to move on.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
The most difficult part was when I wasn't able to do anything at all. My nephew died. I know the feeling and we had to move on.

We lost our daughter also, she fought 8 long years, she was 11. Our son was 21 months old when dx , he is 10 today and doing well.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
That is definitely the worst moment is life, to loose a child. It is against nature, parents are there to protect and to heal and to "catch the bullet for their kids".
Sons and daughters are supposed to bury their parents one day (when they are already long grown up) and not vice versa.

A nephew of mine died in a motorbike-accident, being in his early 20th. However I think it is not the same loosing a nephew or an own child. The pain, the suffering, the grief a parent feels with a kid dying/ lost kid cannot be imagined by someone not in the same position, I imagine...

Just thinking that one of my 4 (healthy) children could have an accident or happen to get seriously sick (without me being able to help them!) drives me nuts.

----
The best moment in life was the birth of my youngest daughter, as I was present and the first to hold her (after the Doc).
Next best moments are when I can sooth her pain by simply taking her into my arm, singing a pain-reliever-song, or bringing her to bed, reading always the same bedtime story and singing the same good-night-song.
----
Another bad moment (far not reaching the worst, of course) is when I have to leave for another business trip, kissing all of them good bye, hoping to be back shortly but knowing that the return-flight is not fixed...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm sorry your family had to endure that.

Thank you.Sadly time doesn't really heal, you just learn how to cope better.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The worst moment of my life was having to sign the paperwork to have my Mother taken off life-support. She had a Meningitis infection and was gone 24 hours after She was admitted to the hospital. Meningitis is rarely fatal,but acts very quickly in those few cases that are.

Reaction score
gresh14 said:
We lost our daughter also, she fought 8 long years, she was 11. Our son was 21 months old when dx , he is 10 today and doing well.

I'm 11 too, I'm very very very sorry for the loss of your daughter!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The worst moment of my life was having to sign the paperwork to have my Mother taken off life-support. She had a Meningitis infection and was gone 24 hours after She was admitted to the hospital. Meningitis is rarely fatal,but acts very quickly in those few cases that are.

Can't imagine doing that Sci...Meningitis can hit people quickly, unfortunately. RIP to your mom. <3

Most reactions

Latest posts