What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best and worst lifes moments?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Best: Marring my high school sweet heart

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting married is kind of a blur, it was so long ago, lol. But there have been so many happy days since. I relish the everyday stuff -- not into big spectacles or occasions. Just us hanging out, or even when we're not hanging out, because we suit each other so well, even when it comes down to being independent. I can't imagine wanting to be married to anyone else.

The other huge highlights -- meeting my niece and nephews after they were born, and seeing them whenever I visit. They're still young enough that they run around like excited puppies when I turn up. I will miss that when they get older.

I especially remember one long time away, when I was out of the country for months. I wasn't sure my nephew would remember me, because he was about 2. But his parents and Skype must've done a good job, because I went into their house and he was waiting there for me and immediately smiled, called me and gave me a big hug. I wouldn't trade the memory for a million bucks.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Getting married is kind of a blur, it was so long ago, lol. But there have been so many happy days since. I relish the everyday stuff -- not into big spectacles or occasions. Just us hanging out, or even when we're not hanging out, because we suit each other so well, even when it comes down to being independent. I can't imagine wanting to be married to anyone else.

The other huge highlights -- meeting my niece and nephews after they were born, and seeing them whenever I visit. They're still young enough that they run around like excited puppies when I turn up. I will miss that when they get older.

I especially remember one long time away, when I was out of the country for months. I wasn't sure my nephew would remember me, because he was about 2. But his parents and Skype must've done a good job, because I went into their house and he was waiting there for me and immediately smiled, called me and gave me a big hug. I wouldn't trade the memory for a million bucks.

I love the last paragraph. I took care of my nephew, 6mo to a year, when I went to US. Then I just have to go back home. Gave me the saddest cry wishing I would stay. Won't let me go as I had to pass immigration. I said I'll be back but took me more than 2 years to visit US again. his sister was born and that's the reason I went back to the US. Both called me NINONG which means Godfather in my country. Thankfully there was Skype. I would see them often online and sing them a lullaby at night so my sister would find it easy to put them to sleep no matter if I'm at work or with my friends.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the last paragraph. I took care of my nephew, 6mo to a year, when I went to US. Then I just have to go back home. Gave me the saddest cry wishing I would stay. Won't let me go as I had to pass immigration. I said I'll be back but took me more than 2 years to visit US again. his sister was born and that's the reason I went back to the US. Both called me NINONG which means Godfather in my country. Thankfully there was Skype. I would see them often online and sing them a lullaby at night so my sister would find it easy to put them to sleep no matter if I'm at work or with my friends.

Those little people really latch onto your heart, don't they?

Skype is great. I'm glad your niece and nephew get to see you that way. It's hard being so far away.

One recent great memory: I happened to be in town when my niece learned to walk. I remember how excited she was to be toddling along, holding onto my two fingers. She had the biggest smile on her face and would giggle from time to time.

Sigh. They grow up so fast.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Those little people really latch onto your heart, don't they?

Skype is great. I'm glad your niece and nephew get to see you that way. It's hard being so far away.

One recent great memory: I happened to be in town when my niece learned to walk. I remember how excited she was to be toddling along, holding onto my two fingers. She had the biggest smile on her face and would giggle from time to time.

Sigh. They grow up so fast.

they grow up way too fast, we have four kids,my "baby" is 10 and my oldest is 19. Jeez when did I get so old??

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I hear kids are supposed to keep you young, though, lol.

Ya that's what they say but it's all lies!

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
I still feel young.

don't get me wrong having your own children is wonderful, wouldn't change any of it for,the world, just saying it can be hard especially when the unexpected happens, life has its own surprises some great some not so wonderful.

Last edited:

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Worst: the day before major surgery when you have to drink all that nasty juice to clean out you system.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
don't get me wrong having your own children is wonderful, wouldn't change any of it for,the world, just saying it can be hard especially when the unexpected happens, life has its own surprises some great some not so wonderful.

Yes, I imagine most people wouldn't wish away their children and that they get many rewards from having them. My husband and I've never had the urge to have any, though.

The funny thing is, all our siblings with children have asked us to assume guardianship if anything happened to them. They know we don't want kids, yet they think we'd take good care of theirs. We'd do our best, but the thought of that much responsibility and lack of freedom make me cringe.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still single at 30's and I don't mind taking care of my nephews, nieces and orphans. I feel good having them around except when they drain my wallet.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Yes, I imagine most people wouldn't wish away their children and that they get many rewards from having them. My husband and I've never had the urge to have any, though.

The funny thing is, all our siblings with children have asked us to assume guardianship if anything happened to them. They know we don't want kids, yet they think we'd take good care of theirs. We'd do our best, but the thought of that much responsibility and lack of freedom make me cringe.

I totally respect you choice for not wanting to have children, for me from the time I was in my late teens I knew for my career I wanted to be a stay at home mom. You know the picture perfect family, white fence and all that comes with it, that's what I pictured not how it was. We have four great kids, however two of them had cancer and it was a really hard 8 years, lots of dr's and all that goes with that.

Most reactions

Latest posts