What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the worst app you have ever bought/ downloaded?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's lots of topics out there for the best apps. What's the worst apps to avoid????

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
therealriley said:
There's lots of topics out there for the best apps. What's the worst apps to avoid????

This is a lot more difficult to answer than I first thought. When I first got my iPad I started buying all kinds of apps, some of those first purchased apps were not what I expected and I couldn't use. Over time, those apps became useful, after several updates later. But after a couple of years of iPad life, I think the app that is most useless for me is the Newstand app.

This app is not removable.
I have no magazine subscriptions that I can download into the app. So it sits with empty shelves. I have moved the app to a third screen but because I know it is there, it is irritating.
I wish Apple had put the app into the iBook app.

I am not calling it the "worst" app because I know it is very useful for other users.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand though it is a nuisance, I wouldn't pay the prices for them magazines anyway, I like to have something for my money so would stick to buying magazines any day.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have two or three magazine sub and they don't cost much and they are all located in the newstand folder. While it is not the most useful thing, it is certainly far from the worst.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't remember the worst ones, because I delete them as soon as I decide they're bad.

I don't like Newstand, either. I think it bothers me because it's ugly, as well as not useful to me. I have subscriptions that could go in there, but I don't use them, because I read them via Web, rather than app.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FTP. Very expensive and I don't how to use lol.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This might sound crazy since it gets great reviews but I've had no luck using the ProCreate art app. It assumes you are literally a professional artist. Just trying to get a brush selected or a color you want is tedious and aggravating. Luckily I got it on sale but even so, we have given up on it. Terrible interface and no way to set things up so it's simple and basic. Yuk!

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I have two or three magazine sub and they don't cost much and they are all located in the newstand folder. While it is not the most useful thing, it is certainly far from the worst.

I use it for the free Lowes Creative Ideas magazine. That's about it, though.

G

Grytpype

Worst app? Lots of strong contenders, but aside from the dire Apple native apps, Pages takes some beating. What a clunker.

Most reactions

Latest posts