What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem ?

jimfastcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Periodically, I let the battery drain down, normally I plug in every night
This morning my iPad would not turn on, and in tried re-booting, etc
I plugged it in and after a while it started normally

Battery level was showing at 35%, so I am wondering if this is a sign that something may be amiss with the battery or the machine itself. It is still under warranty.......

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you plugging your iPad into the charger that came with it or are you plugging it into your PC?

If you are using your charger, then there definitely could be a problem.

You can use your PC to charge your iPad, but it will be much slower than using the charger. The only thing to be aware of when using your PC is that if you have set your power saver mode so that your PC "goes to sleep" or hibernates, this can shut off the power to the USB port and can actually cause your iPad battery to drain rather than charge!

OP
J

jimfastcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you plugging your iPad into the charger that came with it or are you plugging it into your PC?

If you are using your charger, then there definitely could be a problem.

You can use your PC to charge your iPad, but it will be much slower than using the charger. The only thing to be aware of when using your PC is that if you have set your power saver mode so that your PC "goes to sleep" or hibernates, this can shut off the power to the USB port and can actually cause your iPad battery to drain rather than charge!

No, I was using the iPad charger directly to the wall
My concern is that when i went to bed last night, iPad was showing 35% battery and I did not plug it in as I wanted to drain it down...
When I tried to open this am, itbwould not start up and it was only after plugging it in and waiting for a while that all was OK
I am assuming that the indicator is amiss and that itbwas really fully drained (?)

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you let it charge back up to 100%, it should be OK. It would be rare, but it certainly is possible that there could be something wrong with the battery.

ellabella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery run down

Hi,
I had just about the same problem, my battery run right down to zero. I tried to charge it via the wall socket using the apple charger, but it just would not charge. In the end I went to the local apple store and they took it round the back for a couple of hours (they suggested I went for a stroll around the shops). When I came back they had managed to get it charging, but as a precaution they suggested a complete reinstall. Luckily I had backed up all my apps on iTunes so I agreed. Since then it has been ok, but I do think it takes longer to charge than the 4/5 hours they suggest. Nowadays I tend to recharge when it gets down to about 15/17%.
Don't know if this helps you in any way but it has been my experience.
ellabella :)

Most reactions

Latest posts