What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 6 - not charging or turn on

San C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if there is a similar post out there the same as this. I could not find a fix and need help with diagnostics.

My son’s iPad was charging over night and the next day stopped working. There is no physical damage. The screen would not turn on and was no longer charging.The right side of the iPad was warm all day and then cooled down. I attempted the hard reset several times and did not help. There is nothing on the screen, not even the image to say need to charge.
I tried different plugs and outlets and did not help. One of my usb outlet turns green when using power. It’s does not turn green when I plug the iPad in with this outlet. I tried cleaning the ports. I tried plugging into my laptops. Nothing happens.

I’m thinking it is a hardware issue. We owned for 18 months so not under warranty anymore. Any advice would be appreciated. My first thought was to get the battery replaced.

OP
S

San C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It certainly sounds like a hardware issue. Either the port or the battery. Given the heat, probably the battery.

However, if you have not done so yet, be sure to try another charging cable.

I replaced the battery. Just gets warm and dark screen. When I plug into the laptop I hear a sound from my laptop but it does not recognize any connected device. The cpu gets warm. Could it be a screen issue?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was a screen issue then the iPad would be recognized by iTunes on your computer. It’s likely that there is a logic board issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts