What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

battery problem with new docking station

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no problems with my ipad2 battery since I got it until I charged it last night on my new Apple docking station. I found no change when I upgraded to OS5 last week until this recent charge.

Usually I use the power plug that came with it or my car charger. My battery generally lasts a very long time. Today I started with 100% charge. I did not use it at all until I turned it on about 11 am and the battery was down to 50%. That seemed odd but I did a few emails and then closed it down. An hour later with no use it was down to 38% where it stayed for 3 hours. I now have it plugged in on direct cord charger and will test to see how long this charge lasts.

I am thinking this has to be the fault of the docking station although it is an Apple ipad product. I used it with my regular power cord and it did charge.

Any suggestions??

Pat

OP
M

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update i charged my ipad last night directly on power cord charger and have used it all morning. Battery is down to 74% which is normal. Will try to use dock again tonight and see if it drains again but looks as if the Apple dock is the culprit.
Pat

Most reactions

Latest posts