What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Pack for iPad?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I think it will be the same thing as using an iPhone charger, even though it says "not charging" it will still be charging, just a little slowly.

So until an iPad specific one comes out, one of these designed for the iPhone may be the only option.

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, and it's not like I couldn't use it with my iPhone if it didn't work I guess.

Any suggestions on iPhone chargers?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I think it will be the same thing as using an iPhone charger, even though it says "not charging" it will still be charging, just a little slowly.

So until an iPad specific one comes out, one of these designed for the iPhone may be the only option.

I have say the external option for iPhone didn’t work at all the cycle of charge of the iPad cannot be activate by external battery for iPhone (even for 3GS)

i hope that clear … yet no solution work for iPad

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen an external charger that worked with the iPad. Just out of the price range I was looking at. Also my energizer one works after a slight... mod to the chassis of the unit so I'm gtg now.

Also, apparently the Joos charger works.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen an external charger that worked with the iPad. Just out of the price range I was looking at. Also my energizer one works after a slight... mod to the chassis of the unit so I'm gtg now.

Also, apparently the Joos charger works.

We are talking about external battery i think, many charger work yet but for external battery is a little different …

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. It is an Energizer external battery pack. It only takes two AA batteries so I'm not sure how long I'll get out of it, but it does provide a charge.

It's kind of funny though, this thing sometimes doesn't work with my iPhone. I have to turn it off, and then pug it in. If my iPhone is on when I plug it in, it doesn't work. I just assumed it wouldn't work with my iPad. I had to break it to fit, but it does work.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. It is an Energizer external battery pack. It only takes two AA batteries so I'm not sure how long I'll get out of it, but it does provide a charge.

It's kind of funny though, this thing sometimes doesn't work with my iPhone. I have to turn it off, and then pug it in. If my iPhone is on when I plug it in, it doesn't work. I just assumed it wouldn't work with my iPad. I had to break it to fit, but it does work.

Depend on the existing Energizer model you have, but the battery is still the same in all is 1.800 Mah so can only give you 20 to 30 minutes of soft iPad use only if you are not 100% out for battery in your iPad

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, some 30 pin connectors for iPhone/iPod are not compatible with the iPad, but all iPad compatible 30 pin connectors are compatible for iPhone and iPod. However, if the battery charger power supply is USB compatible, it should work.

r34p3rex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the main problem is that the ipad requires 2A to charge. Most battery packs cannot provide current at a fast enough rate.

Another thing that you have to remember is that the ipad has a 6500mAH battery whereas iphones/ipods have a ~1500mah battery. You would need a much larger battery to effectively increase your ipad's operating time :D

iTechboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought 2 chargers to back up my iPhone and my iPad. Its a US based company that sells mainly batteries for phones and laptops and I must tell you their products and services are both incredible. If you need a really powerful battery charger I recommend NewTrent's IMP880 though their upgraded version the IMP880/1000 fully charges my iPad by more than a full cycle at 100%. Plus it charges my iPhone by 6 or7 cycles so I no longer worry about it running out of juice all the time. Must have battery charger if you own an iPad.

iTechboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on my testing, here's what I get with my IMP1000 from NewTrent
For my iPhone -I get more than 75 hours of movie time (that's a lot of movies)
and about 30 plus hours of movie time when I've charged my iPad. I don't know of any other product that even compares.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As to sleep, unfortunately, I cannot sleep on planes! I flew to Beriut via Paris and it was at least a 19 hour trip. I never slep a wink. :(

Try melatonin. Worked great for mr when flying from Boston to Ireland. Available in health food store and pharmacy supplements sections.

Gazelle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on my testing, here's what I get with my IMP1000 from NewTrent
For my iPhone -I get more than 75 hours of movie time (that's a lot of movies)
and about 30 plus hours of movie time when I've charged my iPad. I don't know of any other product that even compares.

Thanks, iTech. It looks like New Trent has the IMP 1000 on a pretty good sale right now but it is preordered/backordered for about a week.

strawbarryFields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the HyperMac battery from a few years ago. Worked with MacBook, macBook Pro and iPhone. Doesn't seem to be working with new iPad. Too bad because it doubles battery life on the MacBook and more than that on the iPhone 4.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a spare iPad. I have two so that I always have one fully charged. On some trips, I bring both.

Most reactions