What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone use back up batteries/powercells?

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are willing to open up your wallet... and I mean really open it up, you will never have to worry about being far from commercial power with one of these... as long as its sunny outside. It is only $499!

Voltaic Generator Solar Laptop Charger

generator-s-large.jpg

If you are willing to settle for a slightly less elegant solution without the fancy carrying bag, there is this solution for only $300 --

QuickerTek iPad Products

10_watt_solar_panel.jpg

(Scroll down to the 10 watt Foldable Solar Panel) They also make a battery pack that will apparently add 20 more hours of use time to your iPad for $250.

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Tekkeon MyPower All MP3450 which I use as backup for all my portable devices. It has a USB port as well as a set of various plugs and I find it very useful when travelling.

Have fun,
Gleth

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had great success with the NewTrent Imp880. It'll charge everything and the kitchen sink. I use it to charge my iPad, iPhone 4, Motorola Bluetooth, Samsung Saga, Nintendo DS, and my Sansa MP3 player. The thing carries 8,900 mAh when fully charged. Great for traveling, flights, camping, etc. They (NewTrent) carry smaller and larger capacity batteries as well.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The link I posted is a 12000 mAh battery for $100, now I am thinking thats a steal with these prices lol

Most reactions

Latest posts