What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery charge jumped from 60% to 100%!!!

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had 60% left and put the charger in and it jumped to full charge in an instant.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe your battery indicator is acting up. Apple recommends draining the battery once a month to keep the indicator accurate.

OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My battery goes down all the way quite often. I often charge up from dead.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe try restarting. Elsewise, hope it's a glitch, because users who've had battery probs sometimes seem to have a hard time shaking them despite firmware upgrades. Apple said iOS 5.0.1 was supposed to fix battery bugs. Then it also said iOS 5.1 was supposed to fix them. But I read that battery bugs can be hard to fix, because there are so many variables in user settings, involving push, location services, etc.

ajcamlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5.1 has taken my battery usage from 8-10 hours or heavy use downtown about 2-3 hours. Also,it now take almost 6-8 hours to charge the device. VERY disappointed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5.1 has taken my battery usage from 8-10 hours or heavy use downtown about 2-3 hours. Also,it now take almost 6-8 hours to charge the device. VERY disappointed.

I'd try draining the battery and charging to 100 percent again. Would try resetting as well.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipad987 said:
My battery goes down all the way quite often. I often charge up from dead.

I wouldn't let it go fully dead. 5% or so is good enough to calibrate the meter. I don't think batteries like being fully dead. Just a thought.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
I wouldn't let it go fully dead. 5% or so is good enough to calibrate the meter. I don't think batteries like being fully dead. Just a thought.

It's only an issue if you leave them exhausted for a period of time. A day or two is fine. Even when the iPad shuts itself down the battery is not fully flat.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

IPad shuts itself down before it goes dead.

Most reactions