What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Microphone

ChuckinSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for about a month but just today got around to trying the built-in mic. It was when I downloaded and attempted to run Skype that I discovered the problem. Nothing was being picked up! I then tried a video recording - same result. After talking to Apple support, doing a restore to factory settings, etc., we determined the mic is faulty. Bottom line... We'll be sending this unit back for a replacement. The problem is that there's still the backlog and wait for another unit. btw, it's a black, wifi, 32g. Oh, the Apple tech guy was super. Very understanding.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - Apple have a very customer-centric approach to service. Bottom line - a happy customer tells other customers about the great service and Apple sell more products - as they deserve to. I only wish all companies were as good as Apple.

Tim

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for about a month but just today got around to trying the built-in mic. It was when I downloaded and attempted to run Skype that I discovered the problem. Nothing was being picked up! I then tried a video recording - same result. After talking to Apple support, doing a restore to factory settings, etc., we determined the mic is faulty. Bottom line... We'll be sending this unit back for a replacement. The problem is that there's still the backlog and wait for another unit. btw, it's a black, wifi, 32g. Oh, the Apple tech guy was super. Very understanding.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. They told me 10 day wait, but my replacement came in the next day.

MadPoet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on my second iPad 2, the first was replaced due to a faulty microphone. After a few months of use the replacement now has a faulty microphone.

Most reactions

Latest posts