What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backseat mount review

bmarleyzq8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know about a product if you're not already aware of it. Its a backseat mount that I actually found by accident at Best Buy. This thing is AWSOME! Its very sturdy, functional, and most important...it actually looks good. It has a nice low profile that actually sits pretty close to the headrest rather than sticking out. I have left the actual mount it self in the truck since the day I bought it. If you were going to use the mount in different vehicles, that could be done with ease as this thing is very easy to use. The iPad cover that wraps the back is pretty nice also. Although it adds noticiable bulk and weight to the tablet, It does seems to offer some protection against shock and the everyday wear and tear that an ipad will face. The exception to the protection would be the hole in the back where it snaps onto the base(which would not be an issue if youre using a back protector like Zaag, or in my case just a peice of clear laminate). Also, it is not smartcover compatable so your screen will be exposed, this again will not be an issue most cases with a Zaag.

I have looked into alot of backseat mounts and was really sold on the Gripdaddy, but honestly I wanted the mount before the iPad 3 comes out and it doesnt look like they are going to be able to deliver on that. I think that this one offerd from rocketfish is the best one I've seen yet.

Check it out

moderated - NO External Links!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

bmarleyzq8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mods removed my link... If you want to look into it, its sold at Best Buy and its made by Rocketfish. Retails for $59.99

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a leather cover with a flap that I can use along with a bungie, or Velcro strap to do the same thing a heck of a lot less then $60!

Most reactions

Latest posts