What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to iPad after a few months away and looking for help Please

crispy51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been away from the forum since getting a laptop, but since getting into AUDIBLE for audio books, I have rediscovered my iPad, it's so great for the job.
I am in the process of buying an external hard drive for additional storage, and I'd like to use it for all my audio books too. Does anyone know an easy way of transferring my audio books From the iPad to the new Drive please?

Thanks for any help, Chris P.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Chris - welcome back to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that your external HD is not Wi-Fi compatible, but one that attaches to your computer via a USB cable? If so, this drive cannot be using directly w/ the iPad.

Also, you may first want to mention 'where' your books are stored on the iPad, e.g. I have books/PDFs in iBooks, Kindle, & Goodreader - each likely has differently rules for storing, re-downloading, etc. their various purchases. Hope others 'chime in' w/ some more specific suggestions. Good luck!

OP
C

crispy51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi giradman thanks for the welcome. Your assumption regarding my external drive is indeed correct, a Wi-Fi version was three times the cost. At that time I had no need for a Wi-Fi drive,so avoided it.

I have books stored in several different apps and I'm not too bothered about those, it's just the new books I buy from Audible that I'm wanting to store for the future.

As there has been no other replies, I'm assuming that there is no easy way to manipulate the data on an iPad. It would seem to me that Apple have missed a very useful addition to the iPad, but doubtless someone will point out the reasoning behind this. Either way, I think I shall be using my laptop for books in the future.

All the very best,
Chris P

Most reactions

Latest posts