What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems after upgrade to 7.0.4...please help me---

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IOS 6.xxx worked just fine. What I dummy I was.... I wanted to manage something in the cloud and Apple made me upgrade to IOS 7.0.4. I tried to wait as long as I could because I liked what I had just fine....I had IOS 6.xxx Before this morning....
Now when I try to open my library book in the Overdrive app - it shows the library and when I tap on the book title - it blinks and then goes away.
My iBook app or Icon is no longer there???? Where are all my manuals and things I had under iBooks? I saved a lot of manuals there for things I own like the golf cart and camera and so forth...
When I try to open my Weather Channel app - it just shows the weather channel first page and does not load and show the weather....ever...just the first page and then nothing else...?

So I figure I need to shut down the apps and maybe reload them from the App Store....that icon is not there on any page. So I try to go to the help tab I had at the bottom of Safari and it is not there anymore...

I used to love my iPad2 and after this upgrade I just did today....not so much right now.

I thought I would erase the old app and load new ones again....but I don't have an App Store app anymore????

I have done a reset and all that but no help...thanks.

Please help me...what is going on?? Where is an instruction manual or something for this new 7.0.4 or whatever??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Did you disable Installing Apps? In this case the App Store app can not be found on your Homescreens.
Also check what else is disabled/enabled in Restrictions.

To get familiar with the new iOS: here's the new User Guide: http://help.apple.com/ipad/7/
You can also find a free version in iBooks Store. (Once the app is there again.)

The help tab shouldn't be lost as well. Maybe it's in your Bookmarks or Favorites? To look there, just tap the book icon in Safari, then choose "Favorites" or scroll down the list. With a little bit of luck you'll find it there.

Last edited:
OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under the "allow" everything is turned on and green on the button in the restrictions section. So I think I should be seeing it but no luck.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Under the "allow" everything is turned on and green on the button in the restrictions section. So I think I should be seeing it but no luck.
Try to search for it. To do so, go to a homescreen, and swipe down anywhere on the screen (not on the top), and just do a short swipe, so that you see something like this:

image-3430625071.jpg

Enter "App Store". Your iPad should be able to find it.

OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the reset page and did "reset home screen" and all the apps showed back up. Some disappeared that I had forgotten were there....
I don't know why they were gone in the first place though. I found that I did not lose the stuff I had in iBooks which would have really pixxed me off. I think I am going to have to go and reload or update some apps. Thanks a lot for trying to help me out. I think from here I can get it along. This upgrade has been a hassle. Somehow when I did it...it screwed up my wifi access and I had to work through that and ended up fixing it by clicking on the renew lease button in the WiFi area...that took a LONG time to figure out...they should make this thing easier.
I remember when I did the last update I had trouble too. I have spent all morning reworking something that worked JUST FINE BEFORE THE UPGRADE ---thank you very much....
Before they made me do the upgrade I liked it better....I can see no advantages at all as of now but I do not do a lot of complicated stuff with it......email and Safari and some books and that is about it....

I like the iPad but sometimes.....Apple - not so much. They could make things easier and simpler for us....I KNOW they could.

Thank you again for your time and effort...hopefully what I did might help somebody else someday.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you found everything again.
As to the software: give it a try, use it for a while and get accustomed to it. Maybe your aversion will vanish.

Most reactions

Latest posts