What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back protection with smart cover

reallydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the red leather apple smart cover for the iPad but I'm scarred I will scratch up the back side without protection. I don't want to make it all bulky and take away from the nice form of the iPad. Any suggestions on what to get to protect back side from scratched? Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are boatloads of back-only cases on the market. Try Amazon's Windowshop app, which lets you quickly browse plenty of cases. Try searching for something like "iPad silicone case."

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used a Bodyguardz clear rear skin on mine (with leather smart cover) from day one and it's great. It's been on for a year now and it still as good as new

It adds no bulk at all, yet protects from scratches and also provides a really useful amount of grip. It doesn't of course provide any kind of drop protection.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a Zaggskin leather cover on the back of my iPad1. It provided great protection both against scratches and to keep my hands warm from touching the metal in the winter.

I have one on order right now for my new iPad. Can't wait to see how it looks when I have it on (I also have a black Smart Cover).

I don't like bulky cases and this work the best for me. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
R

reallydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. Will let you guys know what I decided to go with and what I think to maybe help others who are looking like I am

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the Incipio SmartFeather, works great with the Apple Smart Cover and doesn't add any bulky feel to your iPad at all, nice color choices too.

bucky_f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the stickerboy black carbon fiber skin on my new iPad with matching smart cover skin and I love it. Plus I got a discount putting controltheory on the discount code thingie.

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a Gelaskin and couldn't be happier (Uploaded my own design). Quick 10 days from order to having it in my hands. I then just picked up a cheap neoprene case at 5 Below for $5 that I only use when I leave the house with the Ipad.

gherea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I think Technocel Leather Flip Book Case is the best!

Most reactions

Latest posts