What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome little speaker

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you with iPods, iPhones, iPads or anything similar that are looking for a portable speaker to take with you so when you are in a hotel with the AC blazing or something, you can hear it louder than the external speaker...look no further!

My wife and I were on a trip where we were in the hotel and wanted to watch a TV show on the iPad. The external speaker is pretty decent on the iDevices unless other stuff is going on, in which case, it's hard to hear ****.

So I wanted to find a small, portable, inexpensive speaker to take with me on trips just in case this happens and I found a great one!

It's called the x-mini, it recharges via USB cable (so no switching AA batteries etc), is small, and sounds pretty damn good for a small, inexpensive speaker. It works collapsed but you can also twist it and it sort of pops open like an accordion which makes it sound better.

Here's some crappy quality pics:

4640522428_97f65a1a49.jpg

4639918601_edc1688974.jpg

4639919531_9edd9aff5d.jpg

Here's where you can find it for 30 bucks:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UEBN42/"]Amazon.com link[/ame]

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The X-Mini is famous in Singapore (the company develop it is SG based) i have an other set from them they are just perfect ….

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! That is one neat lil' bugger. Looking at the Amazon link, I found out they should last 11 hours - perfect for the iPad :D Also, you can "chain" them.

From Amazon:

41RhzufVtNL._AA300_.jpg

Technical Details
418Wv20gG0L._AA300_.jpg

• Small Compact Design, Maximum Sound
  • 11 hour Battery Life
  • Volume Control
  • Connect Many Together For Maximum Sound
---------

Oh btw, I have those exact Logitech desktop speakers on your desk :)

Last edited:

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update

Ok, mine arrived this morning and I think it has to be a must buy. You dont realise how 'light' the built in speakers are until you try this baby.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn I should have gotten a commission.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CyberGuys also has a nice little speaker(I bought one) $12.19, its called a orbit speaker,24 hours of battery life,re-charge with USB or charger.

Al

Most reactions

Latest posts