What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome LEGO iPad stand

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked the lego I already own, but I'm missing most of the parts.
I checked the price of the mentioned kit, but it seems quite expensive (at 39 bucks). :(

OP
P

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats on making one too! Although I'm not sure what you mean about the yellow bars not having grooves like the black ones. Can you please explain it more?

The one I made is sturdy enough.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purpleorchid said:
Congrats on making one too! Although I'm not sure what you mean about the yellow bars not having grooves like the black ones. Can you please explain it more?

The one I made is sturdy enough.

The yellow bars, I used for the "feet" they are very loose, the black toilet roll holders (as you called them) lol have grooves in them so grip better, the cross section ones haven't so don't grip at all and are very loose, so I placed some tape on them then attached them, just wondered what you used

OP
P

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm...I didn't have that issue with mine. Both feet are held in sturdy...no loose joints at all. I made mine so long ago that I don't recall which specific pieces I used for the feet. However I do recall that I had to add some extra pegs in the central body though to make things stiff...perhaps that freed up the proper pieces for the legs.

I was planning on eventually disassembling it and taking pics of the steps for future reference because I might want to take the pieces back and build the actual LEGO set for my son to play with. Don't count on those pics soon though...it's not high on my priority list. :)

In the end, it's LEGO and the beauty of it is you can improvise with some other pieces to get the same end result.

Good luck!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very cool, I still have bozes of Lego pieces packed away, wonder if have the right ones to try it, that means digging in storage boxes for probably a week lol

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very cool, I still have bozes of Lego pieces packed away, wonder if have the right ones to try it, that means digging in storage boxes for probably a week lol

Already been there. Unfortunately, my Lego is too old. So I didn't have the approbriate pieces. :(

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That will probably be a problem for me as well, mine are like 20 years old lol

daryljames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.blackiphoneaccessories.com
I'm just curious, knowing the cost of Legos, whether this is cheaper than the alternatives. Seems like it might be worth it to just buy a real stand, or one of the other alternatives I've seen on this site.

Daryl James
blackiphoneaccessories.com

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
daryljames said:
I'm just curious, knowing the cost of Legos, whether this is cheaper than the alternatives. Seems like it might be worth it to just buy a real stand, or one of the other alternatives I've seen on this site.

Daryl James
blackiphoneaccessories.com

Probably, but this would be way more custom I think.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts