What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome LEGO iPad stand

OP
P

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
???? @dburk - if you look at the whole thread, I did include the parts list right after neocaster asked for it (the post you quoted).

tripad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's huge...never thought about it, great idea..i love it

iRule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks undersized and not all that supportive,I would not put my $800 ipad on it,will stick with my apple dock and stand from my contour isee case.

Legos are for kids silly rabbit....:p

OP
P

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yummy...me like! Too bad it'll cost an arm and a leg. Just one 1x9 bar is $8 each!

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The plastic beams are more than strong enough for an iPad. If you want a flat stand to attach it too you will need more pieces and some super glue as the actual brick pieces come apart too easily.

Also a person could take the parts list and go online to the lego site and order the pieces all in one color if you like. This would be the most cost effective if you are planning on making a lot of stands. Now to get out the lego robotics sets and make it adjustable.......

talonts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The plastic beams are more than strong enough for an iPad. If you want a flat stand to attach it too you will need more pieces and some super glue as the actual brick pieces come apart too easily.

Also a person could take the parts list and go online to the lego site and order the pieces all in one color if you like. This would be the most cost effective if you are planning on making a lot of stands. Now to get out the lego robotics sets and make it adjustable.......

You'd probably find the parts cheaper at bricklink.com (and find the correct names for them)

Though you may or may not find a single shop that has all of them in stock.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just plain awesome. Why didn't I see that when it was first posted ???
I just took the pictures from the first posted link and the parts list and put it into a little presentation so I could print it for at home.
If I can find my Lego boxes, I'll certainly try making one tonight :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really cool, just a few questions before I make the leap..

1. I'm from the uk, are the product numbers the same? 8047, is that this??

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002KCNUKI/ref=asc_df_B002KCNUKI1730204?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002KCNUKI]LEGO Technic 8047 Compact Excavator: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games[/ame]

also the two yellow bars that support the ipad, are they strong enough to hold the ipad when you apply pressure to the screen??

cheers

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made the lego stand, and think its really cool. the only thing that bugs me is the yellow arms. they are very wobbly, the cross section part is fine but the end of these parts haven't got the grooves like the black ones.

Is there anything else I can use??

I've got the 8047 kit if thats any help!

thanks

Attachments

• image-3987132146.jpg
    image-3987132146.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 818

Most reactions

Latest posts