What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T changing their plans

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know what Apple knows about this. They sold the 3G iPad based upon the sales pitch of unlimited no contract for $30. And now, one month after delivery they cancel the unlimited plan.

Shame! just Shame!

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
two questions on this....
where do I see how much my useage is...
and how do I make my iPad connect to my wifi automatically instead of 3G
thx

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
duh...thanks...bunt did think that the ipad would connect to wifi first and 3G if no wifi was present

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is always the fine print that nobody reads. Seeing how the Kindle has free wireless connections everywhere why can't Apple do the same? Seeing how they have now gone into the advertising business why not do wireless data as well?

The whole thing stinks. The Skype app was just updated to work on 3G and now there is a cap on the data usage. Maybe AT&T felt that this would cut into their voice plans and adjusted.

Anyways we have a few 3Gs here and haven't turned the data plan on yet as tethering to my Palm pre is great.

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get grandfathered into the unlimited plan then guys.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The release said that it starts on June 7th. Does that mean that you can get the unlimited plan until then?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you are in one of the two plans they came out with, AT&T will not make you change. However, if you change or let your plan lapse, you have to go with the new plans. For some, it can mean a savings. For others, it can cost more. The reactions are mixed, but the big issue is the cost of tethering. AT&T is really trying to discourage that from what they are doing.

If you consider the cost of other plans, the cost is not out of order for most. The main thing is that if you are a power user, it will cost. And do not forget that SJ hinted that a second carrier may be coming soon.

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you are in one of the two plans they came out with, AT&T will not make you change. However, if you change or let your plan lapse, you have to go with the new plans. For some, it can mean a savings. For others, it can cost more. The reactions are mixed, but the big issue is the cost of tethering. AT&T is really trying to discourage that from what they are doing.

If you consider the cost of other plans, the cost is not out of order for most. The main thing is that if you are a power user, it will cost. And do not forget that SJ hinted that a second carrier may be coming soon.

I would think that most of us with 3G ipads are power users...I had a wifi, realized that I wanted my access everywhere, and upgraded to my 3G...luckily I pulled the trigger early enought to get grandfathered on the unlimited...for now :confused:

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really hope AT&T stands by their word allowing current unlimited users to keep their plans. It's only my 7th day and already used up 8 gb of data.. I wonder how this will affect the iPhone 4G video camming....

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPhone reports 1.9GB. Does that mean since I bought it, or it resets by itself somehow?

So far, used 43MB on the iPad, but I suspect I'll use more when I install it on the car...

Not happy with this.

Most reactions

Latest posts