What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arranging apps

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried moving some apps around last night using the normal method. However, I can only do one at a time. If I try to move a second one, it bounces back to it's original screen. I have to hit the home button to stop them wobbling, then start the process again.
Anyone had this?

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you not only move one app at a time anyway? :s

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried moving some apps around last night using the normal method. However, I can only do one at a time. If I try to move a second one, it bounces back to it's original screen. I have to hit the home button to stop them wobbling, then start the process again.
Anyone had this?

Are you trying to move them from one screen to another or re-arrange them on the same screen? And, of course, if you're moving them to a new screen, there has to be 'room' on that screen to accomodate the new icon.

Tim

Cracka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Noddy,

I was having the same issue when I first got mine. I couldn't get any to move to other screens, I found you need to drag the app to the edge of the screen, hold it there for a short time, then the screen switches to the next one and you are done. Initially I was dragging to the edge then letting go too soon and they would go to their original position. Hope this helps.

Mick

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to rearrange a bunch of them, it's easier to do on iTunes. Hook up your iDevice and rearrange on your PC or laptop screen with a mouse. It's quick and easy to drag. You can drag apps across several pages, and even drag a whole page of apps and change the order of pages.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with 'KayKayKay' in that it’s easier with iTunes. Hopefully, iOS5 will revamp the way Apps are arranged and grouped. It’s currently a shell game. In fact, the construct is one of the reasons I dumped the iPhone and moved to the W7Phone.

avwh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way to move an app over pages (if you don't have six apps in your dock):
Move the app down to the dock; swipe to the page you want to move it to, and then move the app up from the dock.

Done!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way to move an app over pages (if you don't have six apps in your dock):
Move the app down to the dock; swipe to the page you want to move it to, and then move the app up from the dock.

Done!

That's a neat trick, thanks for sharing that with us! Very clever!!

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for the dock. I will take everything from the dock, and put it on a blank page. Then I have the whole dock. :)
But that is only for major icon movement,

Most reactions