What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grouping apps into folders problem

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Okay, question? I've downloaded iworks onto iPhone, can I synch my docs from my iPad or is this a step to far as in emailing docs to iPhone? Help, please

Unfortunately they didn't add any sync ability. You'll have to copy and send to and from each device by the same methods as before.

iDisk or a WebDAV client will be the most convenient (though still not great). Email is going to be just plain awkward trying to keep document versions up to date.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Okay, question? I've downloaded iworks onto iPhone, can I synch my docs from my iPad or is this a step to far as in emailing docs to iPhone? Help, please

Can't do iPhone stuff yet mine won't be here for another week. Plenty of people here can though......where is that poet? :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Eating lunch and watching some anime on Hulu.com. I know, lazy. ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks TwerpPoet! I knew it wouldn't be simple! Sigh! So every time I create a doc, I will have to synch each time. I can always hope for a better solution!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pocobear said:
TIP, to move from page to page, drag app to the task bar, then page to the target page and drag the app out of the task bar to where you want it to go. Much easier that way.

To move an juggling icon from one page to another, just drag it to the edge of the left/right side of the screen, and the screen will automatically scroll across. No need to pull it down into the springboard and out again.

OP
T

Todd74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can someone help me again.
I have tried updating my ipad but it is taking ages and doesnt seemto be getting anywhere.
soemone explain Can what is going on.It says it is backing up files etc but never seems to get anywhere.:(
It says backing up 1 0f 6 but thats as far as it goes despite the ipad saying sync in progress.
Its not like its rocket science so why isnt it working .Please help.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you haven't synced your iPad in a long while the backup can take a bit.

The backup file has been known to get corrupt and cause problems as well. You can delete the old backup file in iTunes Preferences, the Devices tab.

My recommendation, when updating the iPad choose the just download backup option. Separating the long download from the actual update can help prevent problems, and you can keep using the iPad while the update downloads.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you haven't synced your iPad in a long while the backup can take a bit.

The backup file has been known to get corrupt and cause problems as well. You can delete the old backup file in iTunes Preferences, the Devices tab.

My recommendation, when updating the iPad choose the just download backup option. Separating the long download from the actual update can help prevent problems, and you can keep using the iPad while the update downloads.

Yup! That's what I do as well. I can't lose any iPad time!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

OP
T

Todd74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never synced my ipad since the first time i bought it which obviously explains it. I left it syncing overnight and its still going now.Is this likely to cause problems though I dont want to stop it it has nearly finished now lol.

kgoswami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to group apps at the point of deployment so that when a user downloads the apps end up in a specific folder. We are in the process of building up a suite of apps and would like to group them so that when a user downloads an app it ends up in a particular folder and they don't have to worry about organising their folder. The folder kind of becomes a library of related apps that we deploy.

Most reactions