What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

AmazingGraceTx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a leather case with a smart cover tha on eBay, for when my iPad comes. When I travel, it'll fit snugly into a Vera Bradley bag. Still on the fence about a screen protecter. I use lots of Apple products and have for years without so much as a scratch. So I'll have to see how I feel about that when my iPad gets here.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me screen protectors, the kind that stick to the screen, defeat the niceness of the screen. If I had to have one to protect the screen, I'd rather
not have the device. However, my experience suggest that for me, these screen protectors are not needed. My last cell phone that I used for two years, still has a perfect screen--not a single scratch, and I did nothing special to protect it. And I kept it in my pocket with keys and stuff. I kept my iPad 2 for a year and no problems there.
I even have a blackberry curve smartphone and its screen is in perfect condition. So, I am a person that does not need to worry about protecting the screen. However, I must worry about the back and edges of the device, so I do need a case.

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always use a screen protector, there are too many things in my purse that will scratch it. . My favorite is iVisor. I love cases, but only use them when traveling. I don't like the added weight. I just ordered a Vaja case for my iPad 3. I am female the need to accessorize is in my genes!

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the nakedness of the screen as is. I have never had a scratch (of course bragging about it isn't wise) on a phone or the iPad.
The iPad itself is too "slick" to be comfortable for me. I don't like the way it slides around on tables, etc. I keep one of those silicon back covers when at home. If traveling I put on the apple Smart Cover.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I say protect with TPU backing at least. I have not seen any scratches on the screen on any iPads. Even though I don't plan on selling, I think it's good to know the iPad resale holds its value pretty well.

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a swivel case which I love. Got a good deal on one on Amazon.

For me a screen protector is a must but only because I have a three year old. I had a screen protector on my ipad first gen and my son came up and very roughly set a toy on top of it while I was holding it. Huge scratch down the front of it. Of course the scratch is I the screen protector but I decided to use one on my ipad three for this reason. My preference is NOT to have one but I do it for the reason of my child.

Yukon Jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my GumDrops cases. The ipad one looks like tire treads, and since I'm a gear-head and love anything with tires, it's perfect for me. Have dropped it a couple times, and it just bounces

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely a case for me. Just a personal choice. I use Incase which I got from Best Buy. Each to their own but a case for me every time.

Tigerman82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to go with an iCarbons back skin and Moshi iVisor XT -screen protector (a bubble-free, easy-install protector with iPad imitation black/white edges). The only thing worrying me is how it will fit in one of those BT keyboards (that double as a screen cover) with a special groove for the typing position. I will also use a Belkin pleated sleeve case.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got my iPad 2 replaced by Apple ($109 as the battery was bad - it was swelling up and pushing the screen up).

Anyway I used a screen protector for a year as I found myself spending a minute cleaning the screen every time before using the iPad. However this time I did not put one on and I have managed to suppress the cleaning urge.

The display looks better without a screen protector so I think I will stick with that.

For my phone I use a protector as it lives in my pocket with my keys :-(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad was naked for the longest time because I was looking for the perfect case.

Then I came across the Evio VersaBook case and now it's a match made in heaven :)

My brother was walking around with his iPad in the cellophane it came in because he couldn't make up his mind about which case to get. It bugged me after I saw him twice in about six months and he still had no case, so I went home and ordered him one. I wonder how long it would've taken him if I hadn't bought him one.

Most reactions

Latest posts