What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both Windoand Mac user here.

Macbook and Ipad for me and the baby.
Windows laptops through the house for wife and guests and windows at work.

Maintaining both ops is a pain in the derriere sometimes, thinking bout going full mac, if only the wife could be convinced.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 2 Dell computers, a laptop w/XP which has performed just fine for the limited use it gets. My desktop is an XPS/One running Vista Ultimate and it has been a night mare! In just under 3 years, I've had the motherboard and hard drive replaced twice each!! Next time it goes down it is going out the window! I sell online so am on the desktop 15 - 18 hours a day, so it does get a lot of use but I don't play games or really watch much video on it. It has the media center, but I don't use it much either. I do have tons of photos though!

My iPad is my first Apple device and I am a convert! My son has always been a Mac guy and my daughter just switched. I never thought I'd switch until I got my ipad! My next computer purchase will be a Mac. I am really low tech so I hope I can find someone to help me when that time comes!!

SimplyBea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to say we are completely mac at home since 2007
:)

........but have to use windowz at work..........
-_-

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Windows VM in my Mac for shared programs and stuff that Mac just doesn't do at all. I also have a PC, my old one, right next to my desk as well, but I primarily use Mac, probably 99% of the time.

MLimtiaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac at home, WinXP at the office. Frankly, for most office-level apps there's not much difference feature-wise in the software that's available for both platforms, and a LOT more useful software for Windows only. However...in my experience, Mac apps just seem to work more smoothly, with fewer hardware-related issues, and with few exceptions.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMac,iPhones and iPad, and a Windows laptop just for Quicken. I figure, by the time I buy Parallels, Windows, and Norton for mac, I could just buy another WindowsLaptop.

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However...in my experience, Mac apps just seem to work more smoothly, with fewer hardware-related issues, and with few exceptions.

Yes Macs have quite good hardware that is until you drop them, sit on them, burn them or spill water on them. I see a lot of people running around with macbooks with huge dents. That's the reason I go after thinkpads, I drop those laptops countless times and did some computing in the rain and they still work... Same price tag as Macs but better survival.
I wish they made macs with track points and shock/water reistant.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows user. This ipad is basically my first apple anything i ever had. Im definitely loving the ipad and very curious about if those new macbook air's run as fast. Those displays or monitors they have are very high quality looking.
Would an ipad hook directly up to one of those 27in.monitors and work? I saw they did it in new macbook air video with that.

Most reactions

Latest posts