What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I recently replaced my laptop with a MBP, didn't care for it, tried a Samsung that failed and ended up with a ThinkPad. I didn't save any money, but I got more for my money. YMMV, of course.

That's cool as long as you are satisfied with your purchase. What didn't you like about the other two laptops?

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's cool as long as you are satisfied with your purchase. What didn't you like about the other two laptops?

The Samsung had trouble holding a wi-fi connection, which I later found out was a hardware problem with that model. The MBP was just my preference; I prefer Windows, it turns out. The ThinkPad is working well. ThinkPads are totally unsexy, but reliable, I've found over the years.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Samsung had trouble holding a wi-fi connection, which I later found out was a hardware problem with that model. The MBP was just my preference; I prefer Windows, it turns out. The ThinkPad is working well. ThinkPads are totally unsexy, but reliable, I've found over the years.

Depends on taste. I personally find ThinkPads very sexy, the Sophia Loren of laptops. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on taste. I personally find ThinkPads very sexy, the Sophia Loren of laptops. :)

Lol. I think SL would be happy if she looked as she did 20-some years ago. My current ThinkPad looks much like my first in the '90s.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

Hey, reliable is good!!

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have both at home, and up until a few days ago, my personal main one was my Mac mini, and Power PC mini and iMac. My mini doesn't have Snow Leopard on it, so can't use
wifi sync unless I purchase, which I could, but since I had a Vista laptop sitting idle for a couple years, I decided to make it my main one to sync with my iPhone and iPad. I already wrote this on another thread, but much as I prefer using Mac, I can deal with Windows as well, even my sluggish Vista that is more usable with some updates and tweaks. I miss my Mini, but will likely set it up in our spare room, as my old power pc one is in use and 7+ year old iMac as total extras in the study and family room. Kind of on principle, I'm using the Vista laptop which is older than my Intel mini, but will do the wifi sync without having to buy a software upgrade. I can use my older Windows but not Apple's own product. I just keep my older ones as a backup as opposed to ditching them. It's just funny that my almost 5 year old Vista does the wifi sync, but so be it.

lol, also on the other thread, but now have an HP Touchscreen all in one that is TOTALLY sweet, elegant, and fast. (this was a surprise early Xmas present)

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you kept the apple sticker, you could throw it on that thing....and be cool again!!!
You should see the furrowed brows and tilted heads I get when I fire up my Macbook Air for some Windows development work :D...

P1010163.JPG

mr_president

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows but switching to Mac

Sent from Mr_President's iPad using iPF. 32GB 3g

Ipad2_Gamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
I use Windows, Linux, and ChromiumOS. Never have had the opportunity to use Mac.

Cheers, Dan

Windows but if I had some extra money I'd totally get a Mac laptop they bad.

Most reactions