What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows xp and 7 mainly, this iPad is my first apple device in a long time, I love it

The iPad is also my first bigtime Apple device. And although there is a lot of talk about Apple ecosystems, Android ecosystems, etc., I enjoy the fact that I can use quite a few iPad apps with Windows XP (which I need to do primarily for work).

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always used Windows but have decided if I ever have to replace it I will go Mac.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
singlestick said:
The iPad is also my first bigtime Apple device. And although there is a lot of talk about Apple ecosystems, Android ecosystems, etc., I enjoy the fact that I can use quite a few iPad apps with Windows XP (which I need to do primarily for work).

My thoughts exactly! I love using Wunderlist, Feedly, Evernote and many other apps for their ability to sync back to my "home" computer.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows is just so much cheaper

This is generally true. However, I can see that sometimes Apple will provide a better value. And I am not an Apple "fanboy."

And especially in this down economy, people have to consider purchase decisions carefully. This will give windows an advantage sometimes; but the people here who note that the purchase of an iPad or an iPhone led to other subsequent Apple purchases is an interesting trend.

Last edited:

RedCoil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently switched my laptop to Ubuntu Linux. I'm pretty happy with it.

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up to this point I have relied on Windows 7 and Linux (Ubuntu or Mint), but unfortunately my laptop died about a week ago and has since been replaced by my lovely iPad 2 which has proved more useful than the latter in only a few days. I have a desktop PC running Windows XP in the event I need something else. This is my first "big" apple product that I've owned and I am so pleased with iOS to the point I don't think I will ever look back.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

AndyHSPL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both Linux and Windows 7 installed on my Mac (for development/testing purposes) but mostly use OS-X day to day so I voted for that.

Last edited:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
AndyHSPL said:
Windows 7 retail (home premium) £149

Mac OS-X Lion (expected) around £29

In the UK anyway :S

And you haven't calculated the cost of stock softwares in OSX compared to Windows... A brand new Windows is only useful for browsing the net...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts