What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

iNotes4You

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Windows user until christmas. Then a Macbook will kick of this oldfashioned tool.

iandrew74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a windows 7 user but have also installed Lion OSX on HP pc and Asus laptop a bit of Hackintosh!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
J. A. said:
Last week I installed Windows 8 Pro. I used Windows 7 64Bit before I got the new Windows.

How is it?? I am ditching windows for Mac. If anything, one day I will have both.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Windows for now. Next computer will be a Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Same here exactly. Recently installed Win 8, OK but no big deal improvement. After several years of Win 7 still not really comfortable with the new one. Pretty "tiles" isn't everything. But I digress. Actually budgeting and thinking of that nice expensive Retina screen MacBook Pro with the largest screen.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OB said:
Same here exactly. Recently installed Win 8, OK but no big deal improvement. After several years of Win 7 still not really comfortable with the new one. Pretty "tiles" isn't everything. But I digress. Actually budgeting and thinking of that nice expensive Retina screen MacBook Pro with the largest screen.
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know, the MacBook Pro is more expensive than a desktop, more expensive than any computer around lol.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows, worked on Macs when in school while I worked in the computer lab (and Linux, unix, Sun and PC). Would love a Mac to go along with my Windows 7 machine (would probably only use Win machine for specific jobs then)

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a windows 7 machine as well as a Mac. I have uses for both.

Reaction score
Windows but ha ha ha ha ha I can work a maci know all your secrets except one finer is where black holes come right no wait that is wher the red feather became two blu festers nowherapps come from no seriously u got to live the dock no matter what u gotta love it

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just recently started using a Macbook Air at home...actually not even a week.

However, Windows is the operating system I use at work....So I use both! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just recently started using a Macbook Air at home...actually not even a week.

However, Windows is the operating system I use at work....So I use both! :)

How are you getting on with that MBA? Does iOS give you a head start on learning OSX?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a Mac girl !!! YAY!!! MAC cosmetics and Mac computers lol.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How are you getting on with that MBA? Does iOS give you a head start on learning OSX?

Yes and no...the transfer of iTunes was fairly simple and the set up was similar to that of an iPad. The swipe/gestures on the track pad is the same and a little more to learn on the Mac. Like getting a right click...you have to do a 2-finger tap from what I learned. To drag and click, or copy and paste is the same.

Words like Launchpad and Mission control is a little confusing for me, but I think I understand now what it is...I think!

aq_oc and mwhartman provided some links and also a tutorial app on Mountain lion. So, everyday I listen to a few session and learn a little more. I am thinking of the free workshops and also maybe the One-on-one offering for a year to help me learn more. :)

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only do I use both, but I have Parallels and Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro, just in case. Sometimes I need Explorer for work, so I keep Windows running in the background.

Most reactions