What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a fan of jailbreaking?

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBealicious said:
Why or why not?

I'm not bothering to try and change what works fine already. Admittedly the keyboard sucks without nav arrows, but I can use the wireless keyboard if I need to type long documents. I also downloaded other browsers, so hardly use Safari. Overall the iPad does what I want it to: movies, news, light Internet and email.

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the ipad the way it is and was designed to be used. There is a reason Mac creates the best OS and i dont want to do anything to change that.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMadHatter said:
I like the ipad the way it is and was designed to be used. There is a reason Mac creates the best OS and i dont want to do anything to change that.

I agree. I'm pretty 100% positive that I will never jail break my iPad. I don't need to, and also I don't even know how :p

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

lakisd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought iPad2 3 weeks ago coming from an Android phone. I am only waiting for the jailbreak just to give a second chance to this thing before ebaying it. How can you people accept such limitations to something that paid 600 bucks for,in 2011? Still amazed.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lakisd said:
I bought iPad2 3 weeks ago coming from an Android phone. I am only waiting for the jailbreak just to give a second chance to this thing before ebaying it. How can you people accept such limitations to something that paid 600 bucks for,in 2011? Still amazed.

Limitations such as what? The ability to do what I need to do quickly and easily? That's the main 'limitation' that I've found with it. Just wondering what sort of limitations _you_ are finding.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My answer is a yes

My reason is it makes the I device what it should of been!

If don't get my reason jb an apple device and see for yourself

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had always heard about jailbreaking and the cool stuff you have access to when you jailbreak.
I did the jailbreak thing on my iphone and all I have on it is cydia. I have seen nothing that I would want from jailbrreaking. The only thing was flash and that didn't work so question: do I just delete cydia now to get rid of the jailbreaking experiment?

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had always heard about jailbreaking and the cool stuff you have access to when you jailbreak.
I did the jailbreak thing on my iphone and all I have on it is cydia. I have seen nothing that I would want from jailbrreaking. The only thing was flash and that didn't work so question: do I just delete cydia now to get rid of the jailbreaking experiment?

Your crazy

Cydia is your key to a treasure shrove

Last edited by a moderator:

lakisd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Catfiend said:
Limitations such as what? The ability to do what I need to do quickly and easily? That's the main 'limitation' that I've found with it. Just wondering what sort of limitations _you_ are finding.

Well, how would you call it if when you wanted to see a movie or hear some music on your computer you would need to download it through the computer of your neighbour? Or if someone sold you a car but you would never be allowed to fiddle with the radio or the air-conditioning (only the mechanic is allowed to do it). Same thing.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Your crazy

Cydia is your key to a treasure shrove

More fool you sucker

I think you mean Treasure Trove...and I don't know what more fool you sucker means.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not going to split hairs on this subject and get into a debate on non-JB vs JB....alot of people assume that we jailbreak to find "free" apps/games....totally not true...but here are the links to the demo vids for the apps I previously mentioned.
But I jailbreak to:
Have multiple signature's for emails ~ [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mOHF249HiQ"]MailEnhancer[/ame]

Create/password protect photo albums within the native photo app ~ [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeDz8vxxjhc"]photoalbums+[/ame]

To be able to have live move-able widgets for the lock screen ~ [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89y_i_rFiAo"]smartscreen[/ame]

Sorry...I only wanted to insert links to the vids instead of embedding them...no other way...that I could find.
The above PAID apps have been developed to look and feel as if they should be in iOS by default.
I'm sure apple monitors forums and the JB community for potential idea's for future updates.

So if you're watching Mr. Jobs......take note! ;)

Last edited:

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lakisd said:
Well, how would you call it if when you wanted to see a movie or hear some music on your computer you would need to download it through the computer of your neighbour? Or if someone sold you a car but you would never be allowed to fiddle with the radio or the air-conditioning (only the mechanic is allowed to do it). Same thing.

I'm afraid I don't get your first analogy at all. I do understand your second one but that seems pretty extreme to me. For me it's more like they sell you the car but you're only allowed to use the manufacturers parts/service or those that they've specifically endorsed. Given the nature of this particular item that's not a hardship for me but it apparently is for others.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

I think you may be mistaken about what the iPad is. The Playbook, Xoom, GalaxyTab forums are on the other side of the Internet.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I'm not going to split hairs on this subject and get into a debate on non-JB vs JB....alot of people assume that we jailbreak to find "free" apps/games....totally not true...but here are the links to the demo vids for the apps I previously mentioned.
But I jailbreak to:

Have multiple signature's for emails ~

Create/password protect photo albums within the native photo app ~

To be able to have live move-able widgets for the lock screen ~

Sorry...I only wanted to insert links to the vids instead of embedding them...no other way...that I could find.
The above PAID apps have been developed to look and feel as if they should be in iOS by default.
I'm sure apple monitors forums and the JB community for potential idea's for future updates.

So if you're watching Mr. Jobs......take note! ;)

Not a single thing here that makes me think ooohhh I just gotta go out and jailbreak right now. As a matter of fact it seems like a whole lot of hyped up minor tweakage for not much payout.

Multiple e-mail signatures? Meh. Not something that matters much to me and I'll bet a lot of others folks feel the same. Widgets on the lock screen? Again, way low on my priorities of gotta-haves. And I don't use my iPad for photos so albums don't even hit my radar.

Sorry but it'll take a whole lot more convincing than this to make me even consider JBing. Again, if I were a younger man with more time on my hands I might think about it but for now I'll happily use my Ipad the way it comes out of the box.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad jailbroken...it was more work than it was worth...anytime there is an update you have the choice of losing your jailbreak and all your apps and settings or just not update causing other problems....or you can update than wait for the next jailbreak and then have to redo everything...or you can wait till the next jailbreak and have to redo everything....def not worth it.

Most reactions