What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a fan of jailbreaking?

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to jb my ipad2.

When I realized I couldn't even do basic computer functions like setting a default browser, I knew I would never be happy with until it is jail broken......

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would love to, but I'm not allowed to jailbreak :(

Sent from my 64GB 3G iPad using iPF

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, but boy am I tempted each time I have to use the cr&ppy POS keyboard...

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Never considered it for a second. I'm a technophile but also a fundamentalist. And I just don't have the time or energy needed to hack or JB. I'll leave that to those who really love the challenge. I'd rather use what I've got. If I was younger and had more time I might think about it.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Never considered it for a second. I'm a technophile but also a fundamentalist. And I just don't have the time or energy needed to hack or JB. I'll leave that to those who really love the challenge. I'd rather use what I've got. If I was younger and had more time I might think about it.

My sentiments to a tee!

I can't be bothered. Not interested. Been there done that, didn't go up my flag poll. I love the 'closed' iOS just the way it is. It does all I want and so much more.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My sentiments to a tee!

I can't be bothered. Not interested. Been there done that, didn't go up my flag poll. I love the 'closed' iOS just the way it is. It does all I want and so much more.

I'm with you guys - the iPad is just fine the way it is. Apple made it exactly how I like it - I've no desire to change anything. I even like the default browser and Mail app.....:D

Tim

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My sentiments to a tee!

I'm with you guys - the iPad is just fine the way it is. Apple made it exactly how I like it - I've no desire to change anything. I even like the default browser and Mail app.....:D

Tim

And me, If I wanted a jailbroken one I would have just got a laptop. I love the individuality and uniqueness of the Ipad as it is.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But in all honesty, if it wasn't for the jb community would you have
Folders
Task switcher
Apps running in backround
Which is where these originated, apple just thru some polish on them to make pretty.
And if you search YouTube for photoalbums+, mailenhancer & smartscreen to name a few.....these type of apps should have been in iOS from beginning.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders
Task switcher
Which is where these originated, apple just thru some polish on them to make pretty.
And if you search YouTube for photoalbums+, mailenhancer & smartscreen to name a few.....these type of apps should have been in iOS from beginning.

You make a very good point here, and one I have to concede!! To me, jailbreaking is like wandering through a mine-field, in the dark....I feel safe with Apple....

(OK - I'm just a coward, there's no other word for it...:( )

Tim

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
OUTL4W said:
Folders
Task switcher

I respectfully disagree. I think these enhancements (or ones very similar) were always in the works from within Apple and that the JB community had very little to do with these changes. A company like Apple has a long term plan for their products. These changes are the fruition of those plans. I'm pretty sure that Apple surveyed users (or monitored certain forums) about what they may want to have as standard on the next generation or upgrade but you can be sure none of those surveyed admitted to being a hacker or JB'er.

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I wanted to fool with stuff I would have purchased an Android based tablet. I enjoy stability at this stage and realize that nothing is perfect.

I doubt that a jailbreak is in my future.

Most reactions

Latest posts