What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any iPad apps that can be opened by Open Office?

rayroshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a PC with Open Office on it, and my son has an iPad. We need to be able to send files back & forth that can be edited and printed, so I can help my grandson with his schoolwork. Is there such a free/cheap application that he can put onto his iPad which I can then open with Open Office...and vice-versa?

Right now, he has iWriter on his iPad, but it seems to be a pretty limited, simple word processor, but that may be an unfair assessment, as I admittedly have not really taken a close look at it, yet. The problem is that he lives miles away and I cannot really play around with iWriter, to see what it's actually capable of doing.

We really don't need to be able to do anything complex. The only thing we will be doing is sending plain text, with the ability to paste images; e.g., we would need to be able to write a description of a triangle, a square, a rectangle, etc., then paste images of each...second-grade math. stuff; no need for calculus formula editors or anything of the sort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Ray

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Save your open office files as text files and not ODS files.

Share them via Dropbox.

Most reactions