What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are iPads shipped from Asia?

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered an Apple Certified iPad 2 on Saturday evening & it was shipped out early this AM (Like around 2am)....when I looked at the FedEx tracking I noticed the abbreviations CN, HK and now TW...at first I thought CN was Canada but the HK threw me off. Then I looked at the city names & realized they were Asian and CN was China, HK was Hong Kong and TW was Taiwan...

Does Apple ship directly from China? I figured new iPads could come from there but I figured refurbished one's were taken care of in the States. I'm assuming I won't be charged any customs fees when it arrives correct? They did state free shipping when I ordered...

Thanks

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a small island that serves as a shipping port for most Apple electronics coming from China. When you buy an iPad, you are assigned one of the shipping units and it is routed to you. The way I understand it, every flight will leave full of products, and if they are not assigned to an individual, they will go to an Apple store for stocking.

Most reactions