What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps stopped working

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A friend just emailed that two games apps stopped working on her iPad2. She has rebooted and synced but nothing.

Any advice other than deleting and reintalling?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Not sure if your friend has done any of this with the exception of "reboot," but worth a try. May want to try these in order and proceed to the next step if it does not work.

Has your friend tried to quit those apps yet? To do this have her press the home button twice to see the bar of apps on the bottom of the screen. Find the apps that are not responding and long press onto the app until it shakes. When it starts to shake, touch the red negative sign in the corner of the app. This will not delete, but will close the app. Than open and retry to see if it works.

If not, than restart the ipad. Press the power switch until you get the slide lock to power off. Turn back on and retry.

If not, than reset the ipad. Press the power switch and the home button until the screen turns off. May take a few seconds to power off.

Give those a try and see if it helps her. Good luck and let us know.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, hpulmer. I have read that this can also be a solution from recent posts! :)

Hopefully this will get them on their way!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I just followed both steps given by skimonkey but apps still not working.

I just followed both steps given by skimonkey but apps still not working

Both-if neither the restart/reset and/or delete apps did not work, the next suggestion is this.

Connect to iTunes and resync the apps. See if that works.

Most reactions