What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps disapearing yet show up as installed, Anyone else?

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about 1.2 gb of space left on this iPad 2, maybe this is the problem because my BBC NEWS, SkyFire, etc, over five apps re simply not on my iPad, I did a search and still don't see the, and I tried to re install them from the iTunes store but no luck, the apps show up as already installed, I went. Step further by erasing the apps from my iTunes library and re syncing, still the iTunes store shows them as installed, any ideas how to get them back do let me know guys, I will try removing some mp3s to see if this changes today , meantime thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are these apps likely to have age restrictions? Have a look in 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions', 'Allowed Content', 'Apps' and see what age restrictions, if any, you have set.

Each app has a notional age restriction and if the age restriction is on these apps don't even show up as icons on your Home page. Some of the age restrictions can seem bizarre because, if an app can access the Internet, it can - in theory - access adult content and therefore will have a fairly 'severe' age restriction.

Tim

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Are these apps likely to have age restrictions? Have a look in 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions', 'Allowed Content', 'Apps' and see what age restrictions, if any, you have set.

Each app has a notional age restriction and if the age restriction is on these apps don't even show up as icons on your Home page. Some of the age restrictions can seem bizarre because, if an app can access the Internet, it can - in theory - access adult content and therefore will have a fairly 'severe' age restriction.

Tim

I think your right, I just played with those settings a week ago, I thought they would help get rid of pop up adverts, some if these adverts are sneaky, game add ons you buy, app upgrades, etc, I'm almost certain your right, the only thing now I like to know since I just reset restrictions to all ages is how to get the icons back? I still don't see them

Thanks

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I see them now, they showed up outside there folders, what a pain this sync bug, eh

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed!

I never ever sync my iPad - I have a complete aversion to iTunes!

Tim

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Glad you got it fixed!

I never ever sync my iPad - I have a complete aversion to iTunes!

Tim

What u mean?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected my iPad to my PC Day 1 - had no choice! Since then I've never connected them again.

My iPad is quite happy living a monastic life of complete isolation!

Tim

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I connected my iPad to my PC Day 1 - had no choice! Since then I've never connected them again.

Tim

Well we have several iPads here that share the same apps, iPad 2 that is, are you guys using jb iPads 1's ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Well we have several iPads here that share the same apps, iPad 2 that is, are you guys using jb iPads 1's ?

Mine is not jail broken - I like it just the way it is.

Tim

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Mine is not jail broken - I like it just the way it is.

Tim

We also have a v1 iPad that we did not sync but rather re downloaded apps because of iTunes sync bugs where another device would end up with the same apps but not organized in folders the same way as on the back ups, so we don't sync apps, just music and photos, even that's starting to look vague when one watches their sync icon spin every hour when iTunes is open, I don't use a mobile me account either.

I want to jb the first iPad but worry because it's originally from Europe and we still have the phone card in it, any ideas where I can just download a ipad1 wifi 3G 64gb back up ? Will it work?

Most reactions

Latest posts