What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Crash only when internet is on.. please help

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an iPad3 with ios 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe V2.0.4
Everything worked fine till 2 days ago when I had the following problem

Open any app including Settings and after about 10 seconds it would crash and return to Home page
This happens with Wifi OR 3G on

If I do the following, then it works fine
1) Turn off Wifi (or 3G)
2) Start app
3) it runs fine
4) turn on wifi
5) still runs fine

As long as the app is in the Multitasking Bar it will work. Keeping the wifi on, if I open an app NOT on the multitasking bar... it crashes again

I read that Activator can cause this problem so I have uninstalled it, but does not help

Any advice/solution would be very very helpful.
thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are jailbroken I have moved your post to the Hacking Section to get you the help that you need.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Activator is unlikely to cause the problems and is a core component of many jailbreak tweaks. I'm not sure where you read it was best to remove it (it certainly wasn't here) but that was not good advice.

You have likely installed another tweak which is not compatible with the iPad or version of IOS you are running. I suggest you look at them in the order you installed them, and see if removing them resolves the problem. If you post a list of what you have installed via Cydia, we will see if we can spot what it might be.

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have Firewall ip installed? If yes, remove it. Other than that, I'd remove all your tweaks and see if that helps. If it does, install each tweak one at a time and wait a while. If it doesn't crash, install the next one. Repeat until you find the responsible tweak and remove it. Don't install that one again

OP
P
Reaction score
Do you have Firewall ip installed? If yes, remove it. Other than that, I'd remove all your tweaks and see if that helps. If it does, install each tweak one at a time and wait a while. If it doesn't crash, install the next one. Repeat until you find the responsible tweak and remove it. Don't install that one again

Don't have Firewall ip. Will do what you have suggested and revert. Thanks guys

OP
P
Reaction score
You have likely installed another tweak which is not compatible with the iPad or version of IOS you are running. I suggest you look at them in the order you installed them, and see if removing them resolves the problem. If you post a list of what you have installed via Cydia, we will see if we can spot what it might be.

In the list of installed apps in Cydia there is a description like below

Foldercloser
from BigBoss (tweaks)

When you say "tweaks" does it mean only the ones that have (tweaks) written in the description

Again terribly sorry if my questions are kindergarden level

OP
P
Reaction score

I had only 2 (Tweaks) installed. Folder Closer and Substrate Safe Mode
Uninstalled Folder Closer and all is fine again

FolderCloser is the culprit :)

will run through this for the next few days and report back
f4780Y and Totallylagit.... thanks guys

Last edited:
OP
P
Reaction score
Uninstalled Folder Closer and all is fine again

FolderCloser is the culprit :)

Been 2 days and all is fine after removing Folder closer
Has anyone else faced this problem?
Is there another option for Folder closer for iPad3 running 5.1.1 jailbroken?
thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts