What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App's closing....

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have many app's on my iPad. However some of the ones that I do have close on me in about a minute. Not only that but example words with friends. Every time I open this app I have to open it twice. I open it the first time and it immediately closes. Open the second time and it only stays open for maybe a minute. Anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just remove the app's completely and re-install?

Thanks...

OP
J

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean by resetting? I have turned off. Several times and that did not work. Should I unistall apps and then reinstall.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He means press and hold your off button till the slide bar shows up
Do you know how to close your apps? Double click home button app bar will come up press and hold app till they jiggle if they have a RED minus close them you need to do this like once a day at least

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackhart said:
He means press and hold your off button till the slide bar shows up
Do you know how to close your apps? Double click home button app bar will come up press and hold app till they jiggle if they have a RED minus close them you need to do this like once a day at least

If you double click home, and hold down an app until it jiggles, all apps that you've used before will have a red minus, but that doesn't mean they all have to be closed.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct but the more apps open the more memory your using he said he's apps keep crashing if he has to many open he's using all his memory closing the ones he's not using will free up his m so the app he wants to use may work if that doesnt work then I have no idea

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange how it can do that for some and not others. But have you updated Words with Friends? When I first got it long ago, I had issues, but after an update it ran fine, and I've never had the issues mentioned since.

OP
J

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am assuming by home button, you mean the button at the bottom. It sows not do anything.

OP
J

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, from I have found I am doing this right. However when double clicking on the home button it takes me to the iPad search bar to the screen on the left. Not sure why that does not work. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Jlocro said:
Ok, from I have found I am doing this right. However when double clicking on the home button it takes me to the iPad search bar to the screen on the left. Not sure why that does not work. Any other suggestions?

You gotta be quick. Apple has been sneaky and implemented a timer. Only if you manage to beat the timer will the iPad be willing to show you the multitasking bar.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the double clicking on the Home Button doesn't work (needs to about as fast as you would double click on a computer), then you probably have an older version of iOS, pre version 4.x.x

You can check this under Settings >> General >> About >> Version.

In that case you don't need to worry about closing apps, because they close when you hit the home button.

You can also try deleting the apps that are casing the problems and then downloading them from the App Store again. That will only work for apps you got from the App Store. Ones included with the iPad can not be deleted.

If nothing else is working you may have to restore the iPad. We can help with that too, if you keep having problems. Or you can call Apple Tech Support and let them talk you through the process.

If you are running a something older than the 4.3 version you might want to update iOS. I'd get it working first though. I'm not certain that the update replaces everything. Best to start that with a functioning iPad.

OP
J

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your right it is below a 4. Should I go ahead and update?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the update is a complete replacement for the apps as well as the iOS, so you could update and still have the problem. My recommendation is to fix the current problem and then update. It's an extra step, but one step now could save you half a dozen later.

Again, I'm operating on a play it safe because I-don't-know philosophy.

OP
J

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guessing maybe I should take it to the Apple store.... Thanks for all of the great information.

Most reactions

Latest posts