What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's New iPhone 4S Specs & Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-4s-specs.png

Apple just unveiled the new iPhone 4S at their keynote. The features & specs are as follows:
  • The A5 Processor - Dual-Core (2x Faster) - Includes Dual-Core GPU for 7X Faster Graphics - Impressive gaming demos - This is basically the iPad 2 chip but probably not clocked as fast.
  • Improved Battery Life - 8 hrs talk time on 3G, 9 hours browsing on Wi-Fi, 10 hours video, 40 hours music
  • 2x Faster Downloads - HSPA+ 14.4 (not 21+) Intelligent switching for improved downloads
  • World Phone - Both GSM and CDMA
  • Better Call Quality
  • New and Improved 8MP Camera - Hybrid IR Filter - Five Element Lens for Sharper Pics - Face Detection and Improved White Balance - CMOS backside illuminated sensor, 73% more light! Wide f2.4. Super fast photo taking chip. 1.1 seconds for first photos
  • 1080P HD Video Recording - real-time video image stabilization - real-time temporal noise reduction
  • AirPlay Mirroring - Wired or Wireless
  • iOS 5
This may not be the iPhone 5, but this is a solid and powerful improvement on the iPhone 4. This is a large evolutionary leap, and will be a massive success for Apple. Who cares what the name of the phone is, it's still an iPhone and this one is a huge leap forward. The lack of LTE is a bit disconcerting, but the intelligent radio switching feature looks to make up most of the deficit. Fantastic stuff! Sound off in the forums!

Source: AppleForums.net

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha ha very funny. We are very hip down ere. Is this where I admit I hate Cider! Ooo! Gasp!!!! Wine girl me! Oh and it's my Zummerzet hubby who is backwards with using a phone. I'm a hip hop South African. So there! Hee hee. I've been with these students too long!!! Sigh!!

Most reactions

Latest posts