What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple’s iPad Reigns Supreme in Expanding Tablet Market

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad Pro still reigns supreme as tablet market expands.JPG

According to a research report from DigiTimes, via AppleInsider, the overall global tablet market shipment volume has increased by 16.3% in the third quarter of 2016, reaching nearly 47 million units. Overall volume is still down by 10% in comparison with the year-ago quarter.

The report says that Apple will see consistent sales of its high-end tablets in the third calendar quarter of the year. In contrast, Apple’s rivals, such as Samsung and Amazon, will be greatly affected by the huge volume of “white box” generic tablets from Chinese companies that are flooding the market.

All white box vendors combined are expected to increase to 18.5 million units shipped to retailers, up from 13.8 million shipped in the second quarter of 2016.

Apple will only have a slight dip, thanks to the success of the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, down to 9.5 million, but Samsung will be impacted to a much greater extent by the flood of white box tablets, says the report.

Source: Supply chain sees tablet market expansion, with Apple's iPad holding fast

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
good news, I like to use iPad
Hello Kolpoiu. I'm sure this will not come as news to you but we also like our iPads:D
Although you have been a member since last December, I'm a bit puzzled as to why you would post, within a time span of 15 minutes, the folowing 3 posts......
~~ "Hi everyone"
~~ "Good info for Newbie thanks"....Not sure what info you are responding to.
~~ "Good news" (about the 10.5 inch Pro)
Well, anyway, one does like a bit of enthusiasm here on the forum. Keep tapping those keys mate but maybe tell us a bit more of what you like about your iPad:)
Andrew

Last edited:

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those white box tablets are a scourge. They are barely funtional but cheap so people scoop them up , use them for a few weeks then they either go into a drawer or landfill as ewaste .
WIth the iPad , most users will use them for years (the iPad 2 is 5 years old now but is still ubiquitous) and they will alsp repair them if they become damaged. iPads are treated as investments while these junk tablets are just disposable passing interests.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those white box tablets are a scourge. They are barely funtional but cheap so people scoop them up , use them for a few weeks then they either go into a drawer or landfill as ewaste .
WIth the iPad , most users will use them for years (the iPad 2 is 5 years old now but is still ubiquitous) and they will alsp repair them if they become damaged. iPads are treated as investments while these junk tablets are just disposable passing interests.
I certainly agree with that.
My iPad 2 was purchased in December 2011 and will be 5 years old in 4 months. It still works perfectly.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts