What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Global Tablet Market Increases 303.8% and iPad Has 68.3% Share

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_keyboard_dock.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New data from IDC today shows that tablet shipments for the second quarter leapt an incredible 303.8% in the past year and 88.9% in the past quarter, according to Boy Genius Report. 13.6 million tablets were shipped in the quarter, prompting IDC to increase its 2011 shipment forecast up to 62.5 million units from 53.5 million. Unsurprisingly, the iPad made up the lion’s share of the shipment figures, with 9.3 million shipped in the second quarter, earning it a 68.3% share of the worldwide tablet market[/FONT]

“Media tablet shipments grew at a solid pace in the second quarter, led by continued strong demand for Apple products,†IDC mobile connected devices research director Tom Mainelli told BGR. “We expect shipment totals to continue to grow in the third and fourth quarter, as additional vendors introduce more price-competitive Android products into the market and Apple works to maintain its dominance in the category.â€
However, Worldwide Trackers research analyst Jennifer Song said that Apple’s dominance of the market could start to subside somewhat towards the end of the year when lots of new tablets will hit the market, and she projects that it could even fall to close to 50% by the end of the forecast period.

Source: IDC: Tablet market up 303.8% in Q2; Apple iPad dominates with 68.3% share, Android slides

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope u have this right my shares will go to 550-600 dollars by june 2012 ,ya gotta love that

Prez280

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pharlap said:
I hope u have this right my shares will go to 550-600 dollars by june 2012 ,ya gotta love that

How exactly do I get in on this? Wuld I have to buy a share? How much? How? I am really interested in knowing

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there are many way you can set up share portfolio
Easiest is a retail broker and you can start small usually 250-1000 shares it all depends how big the piggy bank is .
So if you you bought a thousand shares at 100 bucks thats 100000+ brokerage fees and setup fee.
But if you now want to buy 1000 shares -i'm sorry now will cost you will cost over 450,000 bucks
Now you no why i'm laughing
Gotta love Apple and damn computer technology

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before you ask i came across my shares due to a share swap for other shares and i made a killing

Most reactions