What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple wireless keyboard

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The KB itself, works great with a Mac.
We use it, and the wireless mouse, on our Point-of-sale cash register.
Works easy, and no wires is great.

But I too, am hoping to hear from anyone using it on their IPad.
I can't convince the office that I should be allowed to borrow that one to try yet.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work great with the ipad. It takes a short time to link, but does so without any issues. But you need to remember to hit the eject key to disconnect or it will stay connected for a L O N G time. I guess that's great, but could eat batteries big time on the keyboard long term.

Last edited:

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the marketing materials for the wireless keyboard and the KB dock, the Apple store said that the wireless had keys that may not work with IPad, and the KB Dock had keys that are specific to the IPad.

I do not have a wireless keyboard, but love the keyboard dock. Anyone have both to compare? Can the keys be re-allocated/assigned on the wireless to functions on the IPad?

I find myself using the keys quite a bit now, but would like to get a wireless keyboard simply for the landscape ability this would provide. The portrait view in the KB dock can cause a little eyestrain as the text in the forum always refreshes as quite small on each new topic.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the apple wireless keyboard & I really like it... though I am still waiting for my 3G, the keyboard is great with my mac pro & it takes up so much less desktop space & looks like it would travel well if need be... I got it because it is more versatile than the dock keyboard.

I found this article which describes the difference in the keyboards... the keys are somewhat different between the two:

iPad Keyboard Dock or Bluetooth keyboard? | Accessories | iPhone Central | Macworld

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the apple wireless keyboard & I really like it... though I am still waiting for my 3G, the keyboard is great with my mac pro & it takes up so much less desktop space & looks like it would travel well if need be... I got it because it is more versatile than the dock keyboard.

I found this article which describes the difference in the keyboards... the keys are somewhat different between the two:

iPad Keyboard Dock or Bluetooth keyboard? | Accessories | iPhone Central | Macworld

Very good article/review on both devices. It gave me a good insite on which one I will buy.
Kudos for the posting it here in the forum.

Tagg

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the keyboard lights up like the keypad on the Macbook Pro's?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score

great post, thanks. I read the article and think I just might go ahead and get the wireless. I already have the KB dock, but it would be nice to have one for home and one for work.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can it easily be shared between the iPad and a mac pro?

I would love to be able to have 1 keyboard that I can press a button or something and have it type on the iPad then switch it back to the mac.

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the keys do not light up on the little apple wireless keyboard... (though that would be great if it did)

I read that you can move it from mac pro to ipad... that is why I bought it... but that you have to pair it each time... I do not know how much trouble that will be yet.

OP
dennis

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can it easily be shared between the iPad and a mac pro?

I would love to be able to have 1 keyboard that I can press a button or something and have it type on the iPad then switch it back to the mac.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I also have the same question as gentlefury. I use the wireless keyboard with my iMac and I was wondering how easy it would be to use the same keyboard, moving it back and forth between the Mac and iPad.

It would be nice to save $69.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't get it linked to my iPad. Maybe because it's still linked to my MacBook Pro.
(and yes, the MacBook is turned off). I will release the BT-link today and try it then again.
But thanks again for the tip with the eject button. I didn't know that.

RickPrather

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way you can use it on two units is if they are out of range of each other.

If they are within the 33 ft range of BT then you will only be able to pair it with one of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts