What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Keyboard

hunterlw1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With my iPad 2 and the wireless keyboard, when I take the iPad to another room for use without the keyboard the iPad keyboard will not come up without restarting the iPad. Very annoying, any ideas?

Reaction score
Yep. The iPad is still connected via Bluetooth to the wireless keyboard, so it doesn't show the virtual keyboard.

You can either hit the "eject" key on the wireless keyboard before leaving the room, or turn off Bluetooth on your iPad to make the virtual keyboard appear again. This setting is found under Settings->General->Bluetooth.

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar issues with my iPhone when I'd leave my Motorola BT kit on in the car when I got home. I'd just turn the BT off on the iPhone and the Motorola'd shut itself off after a while.

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black

OP
H

hunterlw1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eject! Never even dawned on me. Perfect, thanks for your help

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Apple wireless keyboard but don't see an eject key...

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The eject key is in the top right corner and has an upward-pointing arrow symbol. On a Mac, it would be used to eject a CD/DVD, but on an iPad it is used to hide/show the virtual keyboard :)

Thanks, you are right, it does make the virtual keyboard hide/show. Interestingly I find you can still use the wireless keyboard even when the virtual shows up. You can actually type with either one. I always thought if the virtual showed up, the wireless was off.

Most reactions

Latest posts