What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple to Unveil Apple Music Revamp at WWDC

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Revamped Apple Music to be unveiled at WWDC.JPG

Bloomberg reports that Apple is set to reveal extensive changes to its Apple Music streaming service at next month’s WWDC in San Francisco, California. The changes have apparently been prompted by criticisms and comments from certain quarters, as well as by the departure of several executives who had been recruited to try and improve the service.

Bloomberg says that according to sources who are familiar with Apple’s plans, the company intends to re-design the Apple Music interface to make it more intuitive to use. Also reporting on the story, 9to5 Mac says that it has heard from its own sources that the new version of Apple Music will replace the more colourful, translucent look of the current design with a simpler black and white design. For example, the album view interface will now avoid the colour changes of the past that altered to fit in with the colour scheme of each individual album’s artwork. Instead, much more emphasis will now be placed on the album artwork itself, which will be “huge,” and “bolder, yet simpler.” Apple’s own San Francisco font will also be made more use of in the menus and tabs text.

3D Touch shortcut previews will also be included in the new interface, with song sharing emphasized.

Apple is also intending to improve the integration of its streaming and downloading businesses, and to expand the radio arm of Apple Music.

At the same time as the new and improved Apple Music is unveiled at WWDC in June, Apple will also launch a publicity campaign in a bid to attract more users to pay the $10 per month fee to sign up to the streaming service.

Sources: Apple to Revamp Streaming Music Service After Mixed Reviews, Departures

Apple Music’s iOS 10 overhaul detailed: black & white UI, ‘huge artwork’, lyrics integration

HowardBrazee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wish it was easier to use the music app and iTunes for people like myself who doesn't ant Apple Music. The Music App in particular assumes that when I'm looking for a song, I'm looking at it in Apple Music. I don't want to pay for more download bandwidth with Verizon.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just wish it was easier to use the music app and iTunes for people like myself who doesn't ant Apple Music. The Music App in particular assumes that when I'm looking for a song, I'm looking at it in Apple Music. I don't want to pay for more download bandwidth with Verizon.

To see only your downloaded music, choose the MyMusic tab, then turn on "Only Downloaded Music" using the menu at the top center. This effects the Playlist tab as well. Playlists will be abriviated to just the local songs, or not shown at all if there are no local songs.

I know. It's neither intuitive nor flexible. Hopefuly the rumor is true, and we'll get a better UI and soon.

I hadn't really noticed how troublesome the Music app and Apple Music were until yesterday, when I tried to set up Family Sharing on Mom's new iPhone. There are some really odd behaviors and unfriendly UI choices

HowardBrazee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iDevice, I open my music app, and see "My Music" is selected. At the top I see two selections, [Library] and [Playlists]. [Library] is selected. If I forget and do a search now, I see [All Apple Music] selected and [My Music] not selected. Now I have to select [My Music] and do my search. I am not subscribed to Apple Music, I'd rather buy songs when I want them (and I have a lot!).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That sounds more like the layout on my iPhone 6 Plus. In that case, the menu you wan is a bit further down the screen, and shows up further down the screen, but does the same thing.

image.jpeg

Most reactions