What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Rumoured to Already Be Certifying iPad 3 Parts

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_side.JPG

The iPad 2 may have only just been released, but AppleInsider is reporting today that according to DigiTimes’ Taiwanese component maker sources, Apple has already started certifying parts for the iPad 3. According to the report, some component makers have already had their products certified by Apple, while others have submitted their products and are awaiting word from Apple. Radiant Opto-Electronics are apparently just one example of a company who have had their LED backlight components certified. DigiTimes sources said that companies that make light bars have also had their parts certified, but that the panel certification process is still ongoing.

DigiTimes’s sources also said that the recent rumours that Apple has been talking to Samsung about supplying AMOLED displays for the iPad 3 are probably not correct, with Apple intending to keep the same sized LCD screen, most likely manufactured by Taiwanese firm Chimei Innolux.

The iPad 3 is expect to launch in 2012.

Source: AppleInsider | Rumor: Apple certifying components for third-gen iPad

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Light bars? Does that mean the bezel around the screen will glow? Or perhaps serve a touch function.....Nice :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Light bars? Does that mean the bezel around the screen will glow? Or perhaps serve a touch function.....Nice :)

I think light bars are where you get low alcohol drinks......

The Archangel

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I think light bars are where you get low alcohol drinks......

The Archangel

Lol! :) I guess waiting is more sensible, after all this one is only a couple of months old!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions