What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Release 4.3.4 - Jailbreakers BEWARE!

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cesctheman said:
Sounds like jail breaking wil be harder or a thing of the past soon. Really don't see the point in jailbreaking anyway.

Jailbreaking should get easier with OTA updates, but we aren't certain. No matter how many features apple adds, if they keep even one feature or capability away from iPad, someone will always find a way to hack it. Not necessarily a jailbreak required.

Allforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I've logged into Cydia in the last few days and I never use iTunes I should be in no danger of being updated automatically?

Sorry just new to all this

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allforce said:
So if I've logged into Cydia in the last few days and I never use iTunes I should be in no danger of being updated automatically?

Your fine. It's hard to accededently upgrade. You can sync and all, just when iTunes asks you to upgrade just hit cancel.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Allforce said:

If you never use iTunes you will never be prompted to update. If you do connect your iPad to iTunes, just say no / cancel if asked to update. It will always ask first, it never installs automatically. Still, you'd be surprised how many folks accept it "by accident" :)

Allforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I was freaking out a bit there thinking my new toy was gonna be shot by an update.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allforce said:
Thanks, I was freaking out a bit there thinking my new toy was gonna be shot by an update.

It wouldn't be a total loss. 4.3.4 is a tethered jailbreak for devices exposed by limera1n.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It IS bad if you have an iPad2!!!

There is NO tethered jail break for iPad2. The only jail break available for iPad2 is on iOS 4.3.3.

So, please, if you have an iPad2 and are jail broken, do NOT upgrade to 4.3.4. It's not for you...

Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. You also can set up iTunes so that it does not automatically look for updates. That'll also help prevent any "accidents."

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allforce said:

It wouldn't be a total loss. 4.3.4 is a tethered jailbreak.

It IS bad if you have an iPad2!!!

There is NO tethered jail break for iPad2. The only jail break available for iPad2 is on iOS 4.3.3.

So, please, if you have an iPad2 and are jail broken, do NOT upgrade to 4.3.4. It's not for you...

Thanks.

Marilyn

P.S. You also can set up iTunes so that it does not automatically look for updates. That'll also help prevent any "accidents."

So...there is no tethered JB for iPad2? What is Grayson talking about?

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So...there is no tethered JB for iPad2? What is Grayson talking about?

That was unclear.
No, only for devices jailbroken by limera1n, so no iPad 2.

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i don't upgrade to 4.3.4...
Will i still be able to do a restore(my ipad2 3g) in the future (using the downloaded 4.3.3 firmware and shsh saved blobs) .. ? (when apple is not signing 4.3.3 anymore)

Sometimes downloading some stuff incompatible can really konk off your ipad , ive had to do this once already!

No. Because of the lack of a bootrom exploit the trick to kick it out of recovery and bypass the BB checking won't work and you will be forced to upgrade.

Thinking on this.... Wouldn't this be the case if I had updated to 4.3.4. ?
Sorry for being a bit thick!

Most reactions

Latest posts