What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple is working on the iPad Mini ?

Wmacky1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see NO use for a in between size! The Touch excels at super portability, and the Ipad excels at super usability. A smaller Ipad would have neither trait! Surely Jobs knows that?

Last edited:

theipadstudent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.theipadstudentexperiment.com
I'm sure they will, look how Sony Makes smaller Playstations...

Sony may make smaller Playstations, but the controller and TV that you play it on are the same size. Sony is changing the form factor of their main gaming product, not a third separate gaming machine that's bigger than a PSP but smaller than a Playstation 3.

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see that making a smaller version has any advantages, I already have an Ipod, so the Mini market is sewed up for this device. Now I would love to see a 12 inch version come out! With a bit more ram and multi-tasking I would be in heaven.

Smithy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well hopefully get at least multitasking soon as for a bigger screen I think the current iPad has the perfect sized screen.

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What would a smaller Ipad mean for the Ipod touch? Unless they're planning to replace that line with the Ipad mini. I don't see where it makes sense otherwise, seeing that the high end touch is about $150 less than the low end( meaning in storage of course) Ipad. Where would a Mini fit in there, unless they rearrange their entire pricing model?

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
Actually Apple ordered 5.x and 7.x screens and it began the speculation. This sizes don't correspond to iPhones or iPods nor to iPads. The source speculated the smaller iPads will focus on e-reading and the bigger actual iPad for multimedia. I am not sure this is true and don't know about that strategy, I think Apple should create smaller full featured iPads. Anyway I read about it on: Possible new smaller iPads in 2010

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way I can see this being true if the are trying to squeeze a retna type display for the iPad because a 10 inch retna display maybe to much or even to hard to produce. But five and 7 inches I think could constutue a retna display without being to expensive. Just a thought. But no oled lol

Most reactions

Latest posts